PDA

View Full Version : Zaabair Dc8f New Svc Mse-los-acc

Lambrettaman
29th Apr 2010, 16:06
Does anybody know who is behind a new start-up cargo operation called Zaabair ? Apparently they have one DC8-62F with Ghanaian backing and plan to operate twice weekly Manston-Lagos-Accra from the 13th May
(how original !). The cargo sales agents in the UK are Platinum Air Cargo.
How long do you give them ?

charter man
29th Apr 2010, 16:39
No idea - company registered last October and address given as Building 577 Sandringham Road at Heathrow - which is where a load of airline cargo offices are I believe? Website is registered but not active. Maybe it is Mike Kruger going back to his roots.....

Twitcher
30th Apr 2010, 07:17
I have heard that ACE DC8 9G-AED starts a twice weekly from May, must be tied in with them somehow?

MersonFreekicks
30th Apr 2010, 09:24
Apparently very well funded outfit. Aiming for either A330F/767F or bigger, but initially using DC-8 as aircraft availability limited. Ultimate goal to expand into PAX ops and become Ghana national carrier!!!:} Ambitious bunch by the sounds of it!!!

Thunderbird 3
30th Apr 2010, 10:49
Bldg 577 is Airline Handling Ltd.
Cargo handling agent
DC8-62F is the ACE a/c.

Peppermint Hippo
30th Apr 2010, 12:37
The very best of luck to them, but there's plenty of capacity to LOS and ACC at the moment and I don't think the market will or can wear GBP 1.60
a kilo, when the scheduled boys are nearer GBP 1.00 all in.

Unless of course it has to go main deck, but there's plenty of choice there too

G&T ice n slice
30th Apr 2010, 16:21
GBP 1.00 all-in ????????

Dear g*d rates have soared in the couple of years I've been away!

Used to be you were sneered at if you offered anything over 47p

Wickerbill
23rd May 2010, 09:55
Does anyone know if these guys have got off the ground yet?

EGMH
23rd May 2010, 13:46
Yes, the flights commenced on the 13th. Twice weekly.

zerograv
24th May 2010, 10:14
Hello!!!

Just curiosity the prices mentioned, xxx per kilo, are per ... what,
unit of distance, unit of flight time?

Thanks!!!

Safe flights,
Zero

AircraftOperations
24th May 2010, 19:52
Based on the chargeable weight (actual kg or volumetric weight) on the route that you want the cargo to fly. (e.g MSE-ACC is £x.xx/kg)

The cost may be all inclusive, or exclude additional surcharges such as war, fuel, handling, dangerous goods, high-value, priority service, trucking, temperature controlled etc etc.

zerograv
24th May 2010, 20:59
Thanks!!!:ok:

To Lambrettaman, Sorry for having taken your thread out of its subject:O

Cheers,
Zerograv

Wickerbill
11th Jun 2010, 18:47
I have heared that Zaab have stopped their flights to MSE. Does anyone know why? Seems odd that they have stopped only a couple of weeks after getting going or is this just another underfunded & disorganised African Airline story? Perhaps Meridian have a better offer for the plane, they are quite busy with their 8's apparently.

Lambrettaman
14th Jun 2010, 13:58
You are absolutely correct Wickerbill. Not only are the air freight rates too low and the DOC's of the DC8 too high for a scheduled service to West Africa but the biggest problem is the volume of the southbound cargo. All the Zaabair flights to Lagos bulked out with around 28 tonnes on board and unless you are operating a wide-bodied freighter aircraft you have no chance of making even a modest profit. It beggers belief that in 2010 some fools still think they can start a new cargo operation using a '60's narrow-bodied freighter and then try and compete against the likes of Cargolux (B747-400F's), Allied Air (MD11F's), Ethiopian (all sorts!). If Zaabair have money to burn, give it to charity and make the world a better place rather than dabble in freighter services. Haven't they heard of Cargo B, DasAir Cargo, MK etc etc etc :rolleyes:

johnriketes
14th Jun 2010, 17:56
If they have stopped operations already, the UKCAA have probably put them out of their misery and saved them a whole lot of money in the process!!

Main Wheel
18th Jun 2010, 08:28
Smoke and mirrors by thoses hiding behind previous failure.....:oh:

747Comet
25th Jun 2010, 12:14
I hear zaab are due to restart operations soon:eek:. Here we go again:}

Wickerbill
25th Jun 2010, 18:43
Presumably not with DC8's? Or did they just scrape somemoeny together??:ugh:

Barking02
29th Jun 2010, 10:23
I understand that flights resume 24th July, operating with MD11.......:hmm:

747Comet
29th Jun 2010, 11:57
What one of the usual suspects has lined up for this one avient allied or ethiopian:rolleyes: