PDA

View Full Version : Lion Air and its concept of freedom

When Able higher
29th Apr 2010, 02:37
For all foreign pilots that aims to fly with Lion Air, just be aware that you won't be able to leave the country during the time of your contract.
You will be provided all the documentation to allow you working in Indonesia except the visa to leave and enter the country.
Every foreign pilot that mentioned this issue to the management was said the company does not provide the visa.
It seems (to be confirmed) the foreign pilots do not fly anymore to SIN in case they do not come back to Indonesia.
If you have to leave the country for an emergency, personal or family reason, the management will assess the reason of your request and will respond according its consideration...

Think twice, what may be the consequences of this condition, before your final decision to join Lion Air.

ngpilot50
6th May 2010, 16:18
This is very serious restriction. In my opinion, I'd recommend to all stay away from EJ program for this Asia course. You pay 30 000USD and you are not able to leave Indonesia for 1 year, because the company managmend has decided to apply for all pilots to get single entry visa. You have to sign in contract with EJ that you agree to pay 10 000USD to Lion Air when you'll decide to terminate your flying earlier than your one year contract will expire. Anyway this program should be at the border of legality, because Indonesian immigration rules require to have employment contract between any expat pilots and the company, which you don't have, because you are on contract with EJ and I'm sure that this contract is issued on your name, but signed by someone else! My recommendation is to stay away from EJ, CAE pilots are having contract directly with Lion Air and they are getting payed.

mutt
7th May 2010, 05:58
What visa are you talking about? Indonesia is a "visa on arrival" country for most nationalities, so whats stopping you from leaving and returning?

Mutt

jonnyhock
7th May 2010, 07:24
A PTF racket no doubt? Well, the phrase "you pay your money you take your chances" springs to mind!

Really, what did you expect?

ngpilot50
7th May 2010, 09:19
Visa on arrival let you to visit Indonesia as a visitor for maximum period of stay not exceeding 30 days. If you want to fly for Lion Air, you need to get work permit with permanent residency visa and KITAS. You can't hold both visas together, so this new visa will replace your visitors visa and these are with single entry and with restriction to leave Indonesia without permit from the company. This is also requirement from indonesian aviation authority to have this type of visa to give you your license validation, but the decission of multiple entry/single entry is made by Lion Air.

mutt
12th May 2010, 05:26
A number of years ago Lion paid their MD80 captains about $1600 per month for a 6 day on 1 off roster. With the introduction of the 737, they were offered better salaries but with a $25,000 non deminishing 5 year bond. They have had to fight to improve their terms and conditions.

Now they see Bulays who in their opinion are destroying everything that they worked for by paying to fly. This is also havin an impact on locals trying to move from smaller airlines to Lion. Hence if they can make your life difficult, they will. The visas and lack of freedom is an easy way to do it.

Welcome to Asia.

Mutt

indonesia
15th May 2010, 08:04
Lion Air is not working together with Eagle Jet, only with CAE in Amsterdam, who conduct the typeratings for the First Officers.

Because Lion Air Captains do not meet their standards to become Check-Captains, Lion Air also works together with Rishworth, looking for Check-Captains, but n o t with Eagle Jet, that Information is wrong!

As a FO you pay the 28.500 Euro for the typerating. In this training the basetraining is included, about 120 legs. And that is the only portion you pay for flying, like you do also at Ryanair, as you could get a normal typerating for as low as 20.000 Euros, incluiding the three takeoffs and landings.

After the basetraining you get a normal salary. I just spoke to the training manager of Lion Air in Jakarta, there is absolutely no intention to work together with Eagle Jet.

punk666
15th May 2010, 17:21
Indonesia,

First of all HAHAHAH you have just been lied to!! All you have to do is contact EJ and look at the contract where it clearly mentions Lion Air as the company you will be flying for.

My friend is on the EJ course right now as we speak. The only thing that is true in your post is the fact there are few training captains, this because there leaving to join the national carrier.

indonesia
1st Jun 2010, 21:18
Well, I got the information directly from the Recruitment Officer of Lion Air, who I know very long. He told me, there is no intention to work with Eagle Jet, as Lion already works together with Rishworth and CAE! I think the information on the contract can not be trusted then, Eagle Jet anyway is like a Mafia, they just want your money and give a ****, if you get a job after the program, or not. Of course no airline takes you with just 250 hours of flight-training plus 500 hours on type in a B 737!