PDA

View Full Version : Swansea cloud break procedure?

chocksawayyy
28th Apr 2010, 23:02
Hi everyone, just wandering if Swansea have a cloud break procedure and if so does anyone have a copy? Thanks

dadaposh
29th Apr 2010, 08:05
The only chance of a massive black cloud breaking is to score goals and hope Blackpool don't.... come on the seagulls :D:D:O

stephenwilliams40
29th Apr 2010, 08:42
I dont see anything on the charts. Im going there next week in my Cessna 340 so i guess its radar for the decent from Cardiff and then VFR to Swansea. I think its near the sea!

eyeinthesky
29th Apr 2010, 14:29
Near the sea, but on top of a hill (299 ft amsl), so don't forget to pull up in time!!:ooh:

snips
1st May 2010, 20:29
Would that be the Three Cliffs 1 Alpha arrival or the Blackpill 2 Bravo :}

Cardiff Radar used to be able to drop you on a 2 mile final but I'm guessing thats long since changed.

Sir George Cayley
2nd May 2010, 20:21
If it's not published in the UK AIP it ain't kosher.

Would your insurer be happy to maintain cover during the discrete procedure?

Sir George Cayley

212man
4th May 2010, 14:15
Now, this is what I call a scary thread! Is this for real? Are people really searching the internet to work out how to make an instrument let down into an airport with no approach? God help us - or more to the point, our pax!:ugh:

Miles Magister
4th May 2010, 17:53
Scary indeed. But the pax think they are paying for the best service, they are paying for a bespoke service.

That said it is quite possible, legal and safe to use your own let down if it is correctly constructed and the CAA will even approve it if requested. Some companies even have them as company proceedures in their Ops manual. It does not have to be in the AIP to be approved.

You just have to know what you are doing and get them properly constructed iaw the CAP.

MM