PDA

View Full Version : Airline Application form

sandpit66
28th Apr 2010, 09:11
Hi folks,

Looking for a bit of help/advice on the application process for the big boys like Qatar and Cathay.

Basically im unsure how to approach the infamous questions such as why do you want to work here etc?

I know you have to tell them what they want to hear to an extent but still get in stuff of good content. Not a 1 liner but also not an essay...

Would very much appreciate any pointers

Thanks

sandpit66
28th Apr 2010, 13:07
Can anyone give me a dig out here or even point me in the correct direction> Where can i find sample answers online etc.

Thanks in advance folks!

MIKECR
28th Apr 2010, 14:20
Well why DO you want to work for them??

Chief Brody
28th Apr 2010, 16:27
Might help if you think of the question as:

Why do you want to fly for a large legacy carrier like qatar or cathay

Maybe mention that you admire their heritage / humble beginings and what they've become

Maybe you like their route and fleet structure as well as what they have planned for the future and you want to be a part of it

Mention how you understand that a pilot is only as good as the training he/she receieves and you feel that qatars (or cathays) is world class and again want to be a part of it in order for you to reach your fullest potential

Seeing as working for such companies would probably mean relocating to their neck of the woods maybe try to infer how interested you are in far/middle eastern culture and would like living theire - they like this, less cost to them keep positioning you around

Loads of things you could mention / angles you could look at.

Please dont think Im being pissy but my 'answers' didnt require a phd and could have been easily reached with a bit of independant thought over a cup of coffee - helped get me into ba.

Brody

sandpit66
28th Apr 2010, 19:07
Thanks for the Cheif Brody. Appreciate it.