PDA

View Full Version : LPE

Lindbergh05
28th Apr 2010, 05:36
Hello all,

a quick request:
I am trying to obtain a JAA LPE level 6 on the basis of my HKCAD LPE level 6.
My "local/national" civil aviation authority do not appear very helpful and want me to do a new JAA exam to obtain a European/JAA level 6.
Their reluctance in providing me with a European LPE level 6 on the basis of my HKCAD level 6 lies in the fact that Hong Kong is not part of the JAA.
Although the "J" in JAA is supposed to mean "joint", the interpretation of the JAA regulations by the different national authorities does not appear to be.
Could any of you give me your experiences in this regard, i.e. which JAA country and which outcome to your request?
If you don't want to post your nationality, maybe you could send me a PM.

In my opinion the LPE introduction was started by ICAO and hence the different ICAO-countries should accept each others assessments.

Feel free to shoot holes in that argument (or in my English skills if you must :ok:).

Much obliged.

Lindbergh05
30th Apr 2010, 19:14
Anyone.......... Bueller.........?

spannersatcx
30th Apr 2010, 19:52
I can't help you with your particular licence, but things changed with the introduction of the JAA and now EASA.

I have an ICAO type 2 Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licecence - CAD. When I first got this it was issued on the basis of my UK CAA LWTR, all I had to do was an exam on legislation. All type training was recognised both ways. After all the CAD was an annex of the UK CAA.

Now with EASA, unless any training is carried out by an EASA 147 approved training school they will not recognise it, even if it is to the industry standard ATA 104 level 3. I had to redo an A340 type course with an EASA approved school to get that type on my EASA licence. Even though I had previously done one with CX some 10 years prior. And the EASA approved course was a complete crock of ......

One day I could certify EASA registered a/c the next day I could not. :mad:

Until there is any cross recognition from EASA and HKG you just can't convert it. And the liklehood is it will never happen.

2nd May 2010, 13:18
I'm guessing you're trying to get the NLA (IVW) in Holland to convert your LPE. If so, they have a court case looming in August for refusing to accept a CAD issued LPE Level 6. You can quote “Besluit Bewijzen van Bevoegdheid voor de Luchtvaart Artikel 8.1.C” to them. It's still valid. You can also (as I am currently doing) transfer your licence to another JAA state, have that state issue your Level 6, and then transfer your licence back to Holland. It's cheaper than taking the course and coughing up the ridiculous dough they want.

Lindbergh05
7th May 2010, 08:38
Indeed, it is I!
Please check PM.
Anyone else have any experience with transferring to other JAA countries and if so, which countries accept HKCAD LPE?