PDA

View Full Version : Ebace 2010

FUZZYFELT
26th Apr 2010, 19:07
Change of plan and can go to EBACE after all
Anyone know of any hotels with rooms still available ?

INNflight
26th Apr 2010, 22:07
Expect to pay top dollar or stay FAR away from the airport. Prices in town are not under 300+ per night afaik. A friend of mine even told me youth hostels are fully booked (no idea if due to EBACE or some other event) :suspect:

lear60fellow
26th Apr 2010, 22:09
stay in France, much cheaper and just 20 minutes away.

Shiner Pilot
27th Apr 2010, 03:20
Beer is cheaper in France too....

Grum
27th Apr 2010, 07:06
What?! Half pint in the Novotel Ferney is €7!! So on my perdiem, after 6 pints I can't aford to eat! :}

Bergkamp10
27th Apr 2010, 07:51
We booked last year Hotel Mercure at Annemesse(?), around 20/30 mins by car. Euro 110. Crap location for returning after evening events..:bored::\

Good luck...

LGW Vulture
27th Apr 2010, 08:10
Hmmm.......peasants.:cool:

Opsbeatch
27th Apr 2010, 12:42
Will rent my bathroom out if you like!!!

OB

FLEXJET
27th Apr 2010, 13:49
Holiday Inn Thoiry (F) still has some rooms, there is also a business park hotel next to it for about a third of the price
Accueil - Business Park Hotel (http://www.business-park-hotel.com/)
Ask for Mélanie
Téléphone: +334 50 99 50 00
Fax: +334 50 99 50 01
[email protected]

Hurry-up!

HermanTheGerman
27th Apr 2010, 15:20
will be on EBACE as well, 4th & 5th. how about a board meeting- any suggestions where and when?

INNflight
27th Apr 2010, 16:34
That'd be interesting HTG, even if only in a hotel bar :ok:

controlx
27th Apr 2010, 17:10
Hotels now a complete nightmare - nothing available anywhere downtown unless you pay crazy money. No point staying out of town as all the business is done around the lake in the evenings. Take a camper van!

However, if you don't want to be out and about in the evenings, and you intend to have a hire car, then 20-30 miles away in France is a good bet.

Tequilaboy
28th Apr 2010, 10:08
Dont know if any of this is still good:

EBACE 2010
FAO: Expo Manager

With only 1 week before EBACE 2010, Geneva is fully booked. Whatever hotels are available now are over CHF 400.00 per night. We are happy to present you with the cheapest available last minute hotel offers EVER!

Ibis Geneve Aeroport **
CHF 199.00 including taxes
The Ibis Geneve Aeroport hotel is located in Cointrin, 10 min from the centre of Geneva, close to the international airport and the Palexpo exhibition center.
Rate above only valid for a minimum 2-night stay.

Nash Airport Hotel ***
CHF 199.00 including taxes
Located next to the International Airport and the Palexpo trade centre, Hotel Nash is a 3 Star establishment.

Bernina Swiss Quality Hotel *** - only 2 rooms left
CHF 227.00 including taxes
The Bernina Swiss Quality Hotel is centrally located in Geneva, directly opposite the Cornavin railway station.

Mon Repos Swiss Quality Hotel *** - only 2 rooms left
CHF 254.00 including taxes
Situated on the right-hand shore of Lake Geneva, the Hotel Mon-Repos is only 10 driving minutes to Geneva airport.

Suitehotel Geneva *** - only 3 rooms left
CHF 267.00 including taxes
The Suitehotel Geneve is a 3 star hotel, across from the Balexert shopping centre and 15 minutes walk from the airport.

Hotel Longemalle Geneva ****
CHF 363.00 including taxes
Hotel Longemalle Geneva with its unique 1905 facade lies in the heart of the business district, next to shopping and the Old Town.

Hotel D'Alleves **** - 4 rooms left
CHF 376.00 including taxes. Hotel requires 3 nights min stay.
Ideally located in a quite neighborhood, only 5 minutes walk from the train station and 100 meters from the Lake Geneva.
Rate above only valid for a minimum 3-night stay.

Ramada Park Hotel Geneva **** - 4 rooms left
CHF 384.00 including taxes
The hotel lies within 3 minutes from the Geneva-Cointrin Airport and train station, 3 minutes from Palexpo Exhibition Centre and 10 minutes from the city centre.

NH Rex ****
CHF 392.00 including taxes
The hotel enjoys a favorable location right in the heart of the city and close to the Leman lake.

Auteuil Manotel **** - 3 rooms left
CHF 425.00 including taxes
The luxury hotel Auteuil Manotel is located in Geneva city center and allows easy access to the main local attractions. The property is just minutes from ONU headquarters and Cornavin Train Station.

NOTE: All hotels have convenient transport connection to the Exhibition Center. The prices include all taxes. No additional payment is required.

WHAT TO DO NOW: Reply back to this email and let us know which hotel you would like to book, or call us on +44 207 659 91 91

falconflier
28th Apr 2010, 18:15
stay in France, much cheaper and just 20 minutes away.

Stayed in Annecy last time, great little town, not a bad drive.

Bergkamp10
29th Apr 2010, 08:09
Hi All,

I know company to whom has one room available from this Monday three nights. Good downtown hotel, walk from station.

The rate stated is CHF 325(£205?) all in, PM me if you wish and I put you in touch.

:)

Winniebago
29th Apr 2010, 17:55
Who's parties are the best to gatecrash? FAR MORE IMPORTANT. Nobody can afford to eat in Geneva, so we need to know where the nibbles and free booze are - any ideas?

INNflight
29th Apr 2010, 17:59
+ 1 on the posting above :E

HermanTheGerman
29th Apr 2010, 20:00
if you see sombody, fastened with handcuffs to the nosegear of a G550 or GLEX- that's me. I will open the handcuffs only after I signed a contract on that thing. But you can please bring some food in the meantime ;-)

papazulu
29th Apr 2010, 23:07
Who's parties are the best to gatecrash? FAR MORE IMPORTANT. Nobody can afford to eat in Geneva, so we need to know where the nibbles and free booze are - any ideas?

I can speak with my boss there about it, if you gimme a lift back to the hotel after the party is over...:E

PZ :p

TheOtherSide
29th Apr 2010, 23:45
I have two hotel rooms avaliable. PM me if you want them. Wont cost much beer! :}

FLEXJET
30th Apr 2010, 05:25
if you see sombody, fastened with handcuffs to the nosegear of a G550 or GLEX- that's me. I will open the handcuffs only after I signed a contract on that thing. But you can please bring some food in the meantime ;-)

Herman,

I am pleased to announce you that I can offer to you a contract right now on one of these:
-first you pay for your rating (JAR)
-then you replace me anywhere in the world if I know in advance that I am going to be more than one week (7 days) on stand-by without flying.
-you will have the right to do updates (EFBs, FMS) so you can practice a little bit.
-salary is €35.- net per day
-positionning on your off days and at your expenses
-in case the above misleads you, no, I am not flying for VistaJet but you can give them a try, maybe they offer better conditions!
:}

HermanTheGerman
30th Apr 2010, 06:11
...well if it was 36€/day we could talk about that offer... 35 is not good enough... sorry in that case I'll stay on my Hawker :=

FLEXJET
30th Apr 2010, 06:54
Herman,

It is then my sad duty to announce you that I am extremely disappointed.

I thought that, given the overall economic conditions, you wouldn't argue for 1 (one) Euro, but I am sure you will come back to me sooner or later...
Who told me the germans were cheap? someone lied to me... :confused:

See you at Ebace (I still have to get an invitation, USD225 is overpriced)

INNflight
30th Apr 2010, 08:15
Flexjet, I'll do the job, even for only 34.- Euros if that helps.

signed,
a lot of pprune users

But who am I to talk, this is mostly a networking (read: job hunting) trip for me. Can I have your Hawker spot Herman? :E

FUZZYFELT
30th Apr 2010, 12:00
Guys, thanks very much for all the info and offers :ok: much appreciated. Am sorted, even got a lift over - bargain ! Just going to cost me before and after though with her indoors ;)

Bergkamp10
2nd May 2010, 10:52
Hi Guys,

I just heard still one room available if anybody may require one, from tomorrow night. PM if interested.

Bergkamp10 :ok:

mutt
3rd May 2010, 02:59
ANNOUNCING THE DELIVERY OF OUR 1ST ......................

Oops, I better leave the official announcement for the manufacturer..... better late than never... another 3 to follow.

Mutt

PPRuNeUser0215
3rd May 2010, 07:20
Enjoy EBACE... As for me since I cannot go, I ll be looking forward to the BIG annoucements indeed :)
Something like NetJetPublic, VistaFlex and one more unnamed operator, have placed their largest orders yet worth hundred of zillion Euro Dollars.

The manufacturers CessnHawker, DasStream, EmbraDier confirm the news but did not provide any details on the deals.

Only one person has accepted to comment though. Mr Breezy has acknowldeged that an order close to the 300 airframes has been passed by the company he runs or will be running soon when it has been launched. The launch is confirmed imminent by coffee maker Nespresso...
Watch this space !

:cool:

mutt
6th May 2010, 01:42
http://www.dassaultfalcon.com/images/show_doc.jsp?DOCNUM=149677

(Geneva, Switzerland, May 4, 2010) – Dassault Falcon today delivered the first of four Falcon 7X tri-jets to Saudia Private Aviation (SPA), the business aviation unit of Saudi Arabian Airlines, marking the first Falcon 7X delivery in Saudi Arabia. Two more aircraft are scheduled for delivery to SPA later this year and the final aircraft will come in 2011. The order was originally announced at the Dubai Air Show in 2007.

Mutt

LGW Vulture
6th May 2010, 09:00
Mutt, that things been in Basel for ages - taken Jet long enough.......AGAIN!!! :ugh:

mutt
6th May 2010, 11:50
Very true, we expected it last November, but due to fire certification for the interior it was delayed ........

Mutt

Charter JAROPS 1
6th May 2010, 13:32
While the industry at large has suffered a severe downturn since 2008, very light jets (VLJs) have enjoyed a “secret boom,” according to German aviation consultancy Wingx Advance. The company based its conclusion on Eurocontrol data showing that over the past six months the number of VLJ flight movements in Europe grew by 100 percent compared with the same period a year earlier. “The best example of this is activity by the Cessna Mustang, which more than doubled its number of flights in the past 12 months and in March reached all-time high of 1,360 flights,” reported Wingx this week.

These figures contrast with activity levels for aircraft such as the Learjet 40, Cessna CJ3/Encore and other light jets, which slumped by more than 30 percent. According to Wingx, the largest portion of customers for VLJs has come from the light-jet market segment. The analyst firm is suggesting that the upward trend in VLJ traffic has been somewhat masked by high-profile start-ups, such as Bikkair and Jetbird, which scrapped ambitious growth programs. However, at the same time more cautious approaches have started to pay off for operators such as Globe Air and Blink. Top airports for VLJ traffic have been Farnborough, Le Bourget, Luton, Rome Ciampino and Linz, Austria, according to Wingx.

“In the light of lower operating costs, and thus more attractive charter rates, VLJs are becoming a serious alternative to scheduled flights for many business travelers,” said aviation analyst and Wingx managing partner Christoph Kohler. “We expect the trend to strengthen as fuel prices continue to rise and the modern technology behind a Mustang or Phenom 100 leads to even lower operating costs.”