PDA

View Full Version : Qantaslink Passenger Feedback & Satisfaction

FF CNS
26th Apr 2010, 11:34
On 25th February I travelled from CNS to DWN via Gove on QF 1949 and the following day after a morning meeting back to CNS via ASP on QF 1939 & QF 1948. I was surprised that the same cabin crew were with me on the subsequent flights and all of them made the travel for myself and I am sure everyone most comfortable not withstanding that there is no in-flight entertainment on the B 717s.
However in the cabin crew of two men and two women there was a tall slim blonde lady whom I have met on other flights to from NT and beyond who made it her business to chat with pax in flight and to forge ahead of the departing pax at each airport and to farewell the passengers at the lounge entry, a touch which usually happens only at the major airports but not usually at Gove, Darwin, Alice Springs or Cairns. She also was very helpful in giving out brochures and advice to European and American tourists on the return legs to Cairns.
I have reported this twice to the Qantas website but it does not seem to deal with Qantaslink issues, and I received only one (last week) garbled email reply which said that although delighted with my original March email they were referring to another department . So I am very uncertain whether my commendations got through the system.
So, my question is, OK you go can back to say a restaurant where you liked the staff and you will most probably meet those same staff again, so if you are repeating a travel itinerary on Qantaslink with flexibility in dates of travel how can you travel with the staff whom you liked? Can anyone out there assist?

ditzyboy
28th Apr 2010, 06:37
I have reported this twice to the Qantas website but it does not seem to deal with Qantaslink issues, and I received only one (last week) garbled email reply which said that although delighted with my original March email they were referring to another department . So I am very uncertain whether my commendations got through the system.

Contact Cobham, previously National Jet Systems. This is the outfit that operate 717 flights for QantasLink. The Adelaide contact would be most appropriate for cabin crew. Although there is also a 717 QFLink Service number. Contacting the company directly will ensure your feedback is directed more appropriately.

Cobham - Contact Us (http://www.nationaljet.com.au/contactus.htm)

So, my question is, OK you go can back to say a restaurant where you liked the staff and you will most probably meet those same staff again, so if you are repeating a travel itinerary on Qantaslink with flexibility in dates of travel how can you travel with the staff whom you liked? Can anyone out there assist?

I am not familiar with any airline that would release such details. With such a small network it seems to be a particular base will crew particular flights, although that changes from time to time. An individual flight attendant's roster is never the same. I would never normally say this, but don't even bother asking the airline in this regard.

You will never be able to organise your travel around a particular flight attendant, sorry!

FF CNS
28th Apr 2010, 11:03
Thank you very much I shall certainly contact Cobham directly and give them a copy of my original commendations to Qantas.

On the other matter, I think that this is an issue which sorts out the domestic Australian budget airlines from the real ones like Qantaslink. I believe that Qantaslink should go for this!

As I recall, (and as I mentioned to the Qantaslink cabin crew on landing in Cairns) I had pre and post pilot strike, snail mailed invitiations from Ansett signed off by Sir Peter Abeles to participate in new Bae146 flights to Darwin, Alice Springs and Ayers Rock complete with pictures of the cabin and and flight deck crews - a very nice touch. So I did all the flights!

Thanks again,
Cheers!

Winch-control
28th Apr 2010, 11:51
Whilst promoting the merits...many thanks to 'Lorri' Qantas QF1829 Port Hedland to Peth on monday afternoon 13.05 departure. Excellent service from all...My thanks.:D

FF CNS
3rd May 2010, 12:01
Unfortunately there are no direct email contacts provided for Cobham on the link provided and so I have not contacted them.

So the matter is sadly unresolved.:confused:

ditzyboy
4th May 2010, 23:58
Have you tried calling?

FF CNS
5th May 2010, 10:11
On the first issue, the commendation. Thank you for the advice, but no I didn't phone them but I have written to them by post with the original references which contained names and I have asked that they follow through.

I was quite surprised by the number of people who have read the original posting to PPRune so, if not now but maybe in the next few days or so, I expect that some of immediate people concerned may have read what I said and they can contact me privately if they wish.

On the second issue, yes, you are quite right I was just dreaming!:)

Many thanks and cheers!