PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Online Checkin

Beeflightyear
25th Apr 2010, 18:58
Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help me with with the online checkin facility with Jet2. Within the next week or so I will need to checkin 6 people, I know that it says with online checkin that at least 2 people will be sat next to each other but I was wondering if there was a way of using the service so that at least we could be sat in groups of 2 instead of maybe been spread out throughout the plane. Although not a major problem if it can't be done it would be nice if it could.

Could I check 2 people in, then leave it a day and try again with the other people or is the system clever enough to realise that I had already started the checkin procedure. The next time I book a few people on a flight I will pay the extra £3 each and checkin at the airport as 9 times out of 10 you usually all sit together.

Thanks in advance for any tips and guidelines.

TSR2
25th Apr 2010, 20:45
If you have not pre-purchased reserved seats, the on-line check-in system will automatically allocate seating for all passengers on the booking reservation, starting at the back of the aircraft and working forward. The seats allocated will be held for only 10 minutes so you have to make a quick decision. If you do not like the seats allocated then I would suggest that you let it time out and try again a few hours later or the following day.

In all probability the systyem will allocate seats together or as close together as practical for your party size. However, there are no guarantees. When I last travelled Jet2 (a few months ago) my party of 5 were allocated seats A,B,C,D and E on the same row but close by a family of three, including a child were allocated three seperate rows and they could not get it changed on-line or even asking at check-in. The adjacent passengers however were only too willing to shuffle around to accommodate the family as the Cabin Crew stood around looking a bit perplexed..

Beeflightyear
26th Apr 2010, 12:17
Thanks for your reply TSR2, I will take my chances and hope that the system is kind to me and sits us all close by. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Beeflightyear
30th Apr 2010, 06:55
Just to let you know that I have checked in all 6 people at once and it gave us an entire row, so I am quite happy with that.

TSR2
30th Apr 2010, 10:28
Glad your sorted, enjoy your holiday.