PDA

View Full Version : Class One Medical Query - Colour Perception

blackknight
31st Jan 2002, 03:12
Hi guys and Gals, i have just been asked by my brother to enquire what the current state of affairs is regarding colour perception tests at initial and renewal medical examinations... He is currently a professional rugby player in superleague, and has started putting some of his fortunes to one side, so he can do a Tony Underwood when he finishes, although not planning on using his fame I hope (mostly as he doesnt have any). Anyway his main concern is colour perception, through his life he has had mixed results at School, Doctors etc as to whether he is colour blind. He wants to know that if he passes the test at initial is it then re-assessed again at revalidation or assumed to be genetic and hence not need testing ever again??????

[ 30 January 2002: Message edited by: blackknight ]</p>

thedove
31st Jan 2002, 17:15
my understanding is that colour blindness does not change over your life time, however i think (and I am not sure) you get tested at your class 1 renewal with those damn colour cards. Be aware not all of those cards have letters or numbers on them - be honest!