PDA

View Full Version : PA Spine & AIP

Diablo Rouge
25th Apr 2010, 09:06
AIP = Advanced Incremental Progression IIRC = More pay :ok:

Have searched Pprune and cannot find details of how to claim the elusive AIP. Anyone know which courses/qualifications count? My understanding is that only 1xAIP can be claimed per level of rank which appears a little unfair but so be it. Before eMailing my rather unhelpfull drafter with news of an impending payrise, I could do with getting my facts supported by reference to formal documentation. Any pointers welcomed:

getsometimein
25th Apr 2010, 09:16
Talk to your squadron Adj or station PSF, they'll have all the details on how to claim an AIP.

I believe its a level 2 NVQ or higher from memory, but plenty of courses qualify for it... But some stations will give differing answers. JSP 752 is about pay isn't it, thats the first place to start.

Pontius Navigator
25th Apr 2010, 09:27
DR, I am sure you know, but timing is everything.

I can't recall the exact conversation but one of my Sgts said that he stood to gain more by waiting until after a particular pay increment had kicked in. I know he was not in the FS promotion game so it was not that.

So, before you actually claim check your personal circumstances to see if you should wait a while.

lastmanstanding
25th Apr 2010, 10:29
DR

There is a GAI which explains all quals relevant to trade (licences, courses, NVQ etc) I can't remember it off hand but a few mins delving about the personnel pages in the RAF publications link on your Stn Website will come up with the good news.

AFAIK there are no limits on one attempt per rank, however unsure if it is admissable if you are an ocifer (NCA can though)

Hope this helps