PDA

View Full Version : Mendlesham USAAF memorial pinched

XV490
24th Apr 2010, 18:33
The memorial to the USAAF's 34th Bomb Group, next to the A140 at Mendlesham, has been stolen - presumably for its metal value.

The large wall-mounted plaque, depicting a B-17 co-pilot, has been in place since the late 1940s.

I don't have the words to describe what I think of those responsible - or what I'd like to say and do to them.

See news here (http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?p=1571127).

pasir
26th Apr 2010, 06:59
Likewise - I beleive the same happened to the impressive wall mounted tablet commemorating the 1928 opening of the Croydon Airport
terminal building.

dakkg651
26th Apr 2010, 07:36
Disgusting.

albatross
26th Apr 2010, 08:30
I trust that the Police are treating this as more than "stolen brass/copper/bronze"
I hope it is found, the evil folks who did it punished and that it is restored to it's rightful place.:ok:

If evil thoughts work the wrongdoers will never be able to reproduce!:E

treadigraph
26th Apr 2010, 16:10
I don't have the words to describe what I think of those responsible - or what I'd like to say and do to them.

I have the words, but Pop would probably have to ban me. As for the punishment, at they very least they should be strung from the nearest tree and their corpses left to rot in the breeze as a discouragement to other ne'er-do-wells who have such little regard for the bravery of the allied forces..

Herod
26th Apr 2010, 19:21
Lock 'em up for a couple of days in Chelsea Barracks. They guys in there may be pensioners, but I bet they could soon sort out a bunch of crooks.

UV
30th Apr 2010, 01:18
Have a good look around the local "caravan" sites....