PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan ground crew Jobs?

JBrampy
24th Apr 2010, 02:18
Small rumor going around that there are civilian ground crew jobs (re-fuellers, ramp agents, load masters etc) to be had in Afghanistan. Sorry if this has been asked before. But there is NO information out there of company's that would be hiring. Does anybody know of any company's that would be bringing their own crews? And how to go about applying for these jobs? Ive been in the Ramp world for almost 4 years and it sure as hell doesn't pay for flight school haha. So any information would be great appreciated!

Thanks in Advance
JBrampy

mantug01
24th Apr 2010, 15:09
It is true, its the ISAF (a part of Nato)

I know people who have applied, the money is good but high risk...

JBrampy
25th Apr 2010, 00:21
Thank you very much Mantug01! I will be looking into this. I also for opportunity's with an American company DynCorp. Don't know anything about them or how well they pay.

ShinjukuHustler
25th Apr 2010, 06:23
If you are interested in ground handling jobs in Afghan (and a few other similar locations) then I recommend getting in touch with Supreme Group.

They are based in DXB and do recruitment for all this kind of stuff. Do a search around here on Prune, you will find stuff on them, perhaps not much but I do remember something.

Hustle On :ok:

Waving_tug_boy
27th Apr 2010, 08:13
Good luck buddy. :ok: Hope I dont see you in a couple of weeks on liveleak.

Firestorm
27th Apr 2010, 10:34
Look for Safi Airways and look on their careers page.

dionysius
28th Apr 2010, 08:24
Try ATCO Frontec, they run the ramp contract at KDH for NATO, and they are a Canadian company :ok:

JBrampy
30th Apr 2010, 17:35
Thanks guys! Ill be looking into all of those options! :ok:

Thanks
JBrampy

minigundiplomat
4th May 2010, 21:37
You face about the same amount of risk in Kandahar as you do in Central London or New York.

However,

the facilities (though ok), constant dust, and lack of a good night out does wear people down over time.