PDA

View Full Version : Lapsed JAA class 1 as class 2

Beethoven
24th Mar 2002, 18:24
Hi,I wonder if anyone could help as I can't find this info on the caa/jaa websites.My class 1 lapses on the 28th of march.I am however unuable to renew it for a little while..does it AUTOMATICALLY become a class 2 like it did in the old CAA days thus allowing me to continue PPL flying or does it lapse completely?. .Thanks

mad_jock
24th Mar 2002, 20:52
Yep it lapses to a class 2.. .. .You can also sit cpl and IR tests with a lapsed class 1 medical and renew it when work comes along.. .. .MJ

Beethoven
25th Mar 2002, 04:56
Thanks Mad Jock. .best wishes. .Beet

twistedenginestarter
30th Mar 2002, 15:00
You will of course need to keep your Class 2 up-to-date. Your Class 1 can be reactivated by your normal medic up to two years after you last passed it . Between then and 5 years your medic can do it in consultation with Gatwick. After that I think you need to go to Gatwick and I get the impression it is almost like starting afresh.

Whirlybird
2nd Apr 2002, 07:08
Last time I used a Class 1 as a Class 2 you had to get a little sticker from the AME to stick on your Class 1, saying it could be used for Class 2. do I still have to get one of those, or is it automatically OK?

Megaton
11th May 2002, 14:49
Does anyone have a reference for MJ's information on lapsed Class 1s? I'm in the same situation in that my Class 1 has lapsed by a few weeks but I'm starting my CPL course in 10 days. There is no way I can get to a UK examiner before the course starts since I live in the US. Neither CAA nor JAA website helped much.

Megaton
12th May 2002, 02:51
Back to the top in the hope that someone can help......

Megaton
12th May 2002, 21:40
Found the answer here: http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_03.pdf

Basically, you can take the test with a lapsed medical but cannot exercise privileges.