PDA

View Full Version : My Eyesight

spitfire747
28th Jan 2002, 16:28
Help

I had a CAA Class One 2 years ago and passed fine with no problems or restrictions.

Since then I have taken up an IT job where i use a computer all day. I know my left eye was slightly out of focus compared to the right, but did not cause a problem.. .I feel now that it is slightly worse on short distance reading etc.

Am i damaging my eyesight by using a computer day by day ?? or is this within the normal vision capabilities of the eye.

cwatters
29th Jan 2002, 00:05
I don't believe there are known problems with. .using computers - unless you need glasses for other reasons. eg If you get to the age when you need glasses but don't wear them then that can cause eye strain.

I've been using computers for several hours a day for 15+ years without needing glasses. Now I've hit 40+ I think I might soon need glasses to read Teletext on my TV (but not for the computer yet).

spitfire747
29th Jan 2002, 00:19
Thanks alot I guess i must be tired or something

thedove
31st Jan 2002, 17:19
I had perfect eyesight until i was 26, then like you i began to work in front of a computer all day - every day and now I wear glasses, and i think it's getting worse. I was told that your eyes settle in you late teens or so, but my experience follows on from Spitfire's.