PDA

View Full Version : Rules between different JAA countries

fabbe92
23rd Apr 2010, 15:59
Hello, I have used the search function but without finding the full response I need. How are the work rules between different JAA countries? If I train in the UK, does that mean I can only fly in the UK or does that mean that when, letīs say ABCD Airlines in Germany wantīs pilots, I can fly for them directly or is there a need of conversion of some sort?

Allso, regarding being from one country and training in another. I saw a thread here some time ago with a person from Germany that trained in the UK. He couldnīt get a job in the UK because he wasnīt from the UK and he couldnīt get a job in Germany since he had the wrong JAA license.

Cheers!

Jidi
28th Apr 2010, 11:01
There's no wrong JAA license. Any license issued by a JAA member is valid and has the same right and privileges in all JAA land. There are many that do their PPL in UK, CPL in Germany, IR/ME in Spain and fly in Italy. It's just an example, don't take it ad literam.
There might be some minor differences between the CAAs in JAA countries, but they all stick to JARs so any license issued by one is recognized by the other.