PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Operations Department

diesel862
22nd Apr 2010, 15:13
Hello All

What would make your perfect operations department? Staffing levels, IT systems? Crewing/Flightplanning systems, rate of pay, dcumentation.

I know that the industry is far from perfect or financially able to accomodate this but I'm interested in peoples opinion and suggestions on this.

Cheers

Vince

merlinxx
22nd Apr 2010, 18:06
Tis poss I think, take away egos, and maybe:confused: I thought I nearly did once, but due various SNAFU situs applied from external (overseas ownership) sources:{:ugh:

plans123
30th Apr 2010, 19:14
Siounds to me vince that you are applying for a job somewhere and have been asked to do a presentation. :ok:

sk8erboi
30th Apr 2010, 19:58
So what if he is?

desertopsguy
1st May 2010, 10:39
My perfect ops dept would start with getting the right people with the right attitude. Experience is essential too. You need some folks who've been around to mentor the ones who haven't. Find a couple of these guys and pay them well n treat em right, they're worth their weight in gold.

You shift pattern will depend on your ops but if you need H24 coverage and are not limited to duty times (as with FAA) then 4on/4off works well.

The systems for crewing and flight planning, well that depends on your budget and the more you spend the more you get. Do your research, there are alot of new products out there at good prices trying to get a foot in the door.

As paperless as possible is the way to go. Make sure what ever systems you get can talk to each other.

Just my thoughts...

scrivenger
1st May 2010, 11:21
An extremely good sense of humour, and a team that knows what it's doing.

monkey lover
1st May 2010, 12:11
Dont forget a strong management to fend off the hindsight brigade !