PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who got the free liveaboard junk from GCYC in Oct '99?

Zebidee
22nd Apr 2010, 03:56
Hi all, :)

Can anyone help me find the guy who, in October 1999, 'inherited' a free junk from an ex expat who'd been living on it at the Gold Coast Yacht Club? (Don't worry, I don't want it back!)

In the lead up to my move from Hong Kong to London back then, I couldn't sell it, or even give it away.

I knew a couple of Cathay pilots who were living aboard other boats in the marina at the time and they offered to advertise at work to see if anyone was interested.

The night before I was due to leave I got a call from a pilot, an Aussie or Kiwi I think, asking if I still had the boat. I told him I did, and that since I was leaving the next day I'd leave the keys and papers for him and he could just come and collect it at his leisure.

I never got his name or contact details but I've always wondered how he went with the boat and whether he still has it or passed it on. Don't get me wrong, I do not want the boat back (kindof impractical since I'm now back in Aus), it's just that a conversation with a friend reminded me of my liveaboard days and I was curious, because I just loved that old bomb of thing.

So if anyone knows who inherited it and/or could relay this message to him, that would be great. Or if anyone knows anything about the junk and where it might have ended up, I'd love to hear about it. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks to all. Happy flying.