PDA

View Full Version : Free work anyone?

numbawon
21st Apr 2010, 08:52
Staff volunteers are needed to assist passengers in HKIA. Each shift is around 6 to 8 hours. Non office hours support will be paid HK$150 per hour. :ugh::}

Humber10
21st Apr 2010, 14:21
I'll send the wife down :}

monster330
22nd Apr 2010, 02:26
I'll hire out a few domestic helpers to 'em at $50 per hour each and collect the $150/hr.
Should cover the bar tab:ok:

jetjockey696
22nd Apr 2010, 14:19
Guys... no need for domestic helpers... there are a lot of local staff willing to work the shifts... $150 that a lot of instant noooodle cup:ok:. especially if you live at home with mum, dad, sister and brother.

Sorry all vacancies are taken....:E

Dan Winterland
22nd Apr 2010, 15:08
And for those of you who volunteered and helped my sons check in for their hastily arranged flight last night.

I thank you.

Lowkoon
23rd Apr 2010, 09:02
If you are considering helping out, please step back and consider that there are other charities in HKG that would appreciate and deserve your time and support a little more than multi billion dollar generating corporate machine SWIRES. This multinational profitable company can afford to dip into its multi billion dollar annual profits to employ airport assistants. Genuine charities dont have that luxury, and the genuine charity wont be profiting from your efforts either, they will just be helping someone in need. Your efforts will only go towards managers bonuses who came up with the idea of asking people to work for free, dont be so foolish.

Please consider using your charitable time and nature a little more thoughtfully. Swires/CX is not a registered charity, and never will be.

Managers, shame on you for taking advantage of your employees charitable nature to line your own pockets. Feel free to not accept a performance bonus, or roll up your sleves and do a shift for free in the airport yourselves. Whilst your remuneration is based on corporate profits, it reeks of hypocracy. Lead by example. I look forward to seeing you pushing some wheel chairs. Not holding my breath.

Harbour Dweller
23rd Apr 2010, 10:58
Lowkoon,

Well said :ok:

Staff need to be made more aware of the payrises being taken by management whilst expecting staff to take pay cuts, no profit share & reduced 13 mth bonus.