PDA

View Full Version : any change from -5 in the future ?

basketeer
13th Mar 2002, 17:10
does anybody out there think that there will be a change from the current rule of a maximum -5 prescription for the class one in the near future , even the next couple of years ? will this fall in line with other ICAO states , ie the U.S where there eyesight requirements are a lot less restrictive? . at the minute mine is -5.5 and im getting desperate !. .. .also , do you think anyone from the CAA medical division reads this forum ?! . .. .Let men and women be gypsies of the skies !

gdnhalley
16th Mar 2002, 00:19
Basketeer The values for renewal of class one are +5/-8. As I understand it, if you have a foreign ICAO commercial licence, you will then be treated as a renewal when you go for your class one. The best thing would probably be to phone and speak to Adrian Chorley the CAA optometrist to check. . . I am planning to get an FAA CPL and am sitting my written for that next, week because the difference between my eyes is 2.3 diopters. Tolerance 2 for initial and 3 for renewal. It may be that your hours are taken into account but I'm not sure about that.. . Good Luck

basketeer
27th Apr 2002, 18:20
gdhalley ,

Just wondering how you got on with your FAA Cpl , any look with the CAA and class 1 yet ?

Basketeer .

gdnhalley
27th Apr 2002, 21:39
Basketeer
Yes I have it or I should say a temporary certificate which allows me to use the licence until I have the proper one.
I have been to gatwick to see the Opthalmologist and that was OK but I don't think I am going to get a class one until I produce my proper faa cpl.
They took a photocopy of my temporary one in case that was adequate, but I received a letter yesterday from CAA medical saying that I would be OK if I had an ICAO cpl, so I presume I will need to speak to them once I have it.
I am now looking at groundschools, but I won't start until I actually have my class one in my hand.