View Full Version : DGCA Recency

ashish_pilote
20th Apr 2010, 19:23
Hey !

heard recency is going to be extended from present 6 months to 1 yr & exams validity 5yrs ?

Is it true ???? :}

nothing on DGCA website though !:ugh:

divinesoul
21st Apr 2010, 05:12
keep on dreaming.i will believe it when i see it.

lot of rumours go around this industry.

Speed Freak
26th Apr 2010, 12:53
validity of atpl papers has been increased to 5 years for sure....

captain-planet
28th Apr 2010, 07:34
validity of atpl papers has been increased to 5 years for sure....

@speedfreak
i couldnt find that ruling/notification which says that the validity of atpl papers has been increased. are you sure about this? if yes, could you also post the link to the official notification.

thanx
cp

powershanks
28th Apr 2010, 10:55
Dream on, college boys.

ALWAYS remember this universal DGCA axiom:

Any new rule is formulated only if it makes a pilot's life harder, never easier.

jimmygill
4th May 2010, 11:49
I am amazed how come so many of these CPL holders cannot find a piece of regulation which covers their licenses.

If you think something has changed go and verify the Act, The Schedules, he CARs and the circulars.

Its not mandatory upon DGCA to issue a circular. A change in licensing requirment ought to be notified via a Flight Crew LIcensing Circular.

If you can't find a circular, just check the origin of the requirements concerned.

In this case the origin is Schedule II to Aircraft Act 1937, there in General Section you will find if there is any change in the validity of the examinations.

divinesoul
6th May 2010, 02:57
DGCA has updated the rule.

here is the link and the excerpt below

http://http://dgca.nic.in/schedules/section-a.pdf

7. Examination — (a) The technical and other examinations for the issue of a licence,
rating or type rating under this Schedule shall be completed within a period of two and a
half years immediately preceding the date of application for the issue of the licence or
rating, except for issue of Commercial Pilot’s Licence (CPL) and Airline Transport
Pilot’s Licence (ATPL), and for issue of CPL and ATPL, such period shall be five years.

So flying recency is still 6 months and exam papers validity has incresed from 2.5 years to 5 years starting from the first paper u write and until submission of documents for licence issue for ATPL and CPL but for PPL it remains 2.5 years as before.

my 2 cents worth..........
cheers.