PDA

View Full Version : Air southwest, Cityjet - hiring?

Wodka
20th Apr 2010, 09:23
I've been diligently sending updated CV's to these guys for over a year now as my experience has been building steadily... all the time told "sorry, not recruiting at all at the moment, will keep you on file" etc

So I am a bit miffed to read updates on Pilot Jobs Network in the last few days saying Air Southwest has "4 new FOs just finishing TR" and CityJet has "new hires to LCY"

Should I just take these updates with a pinch of salt as they can be updated by anyone or does anyone think that the likes of Oxford and the other big schools are getting 1st dibs on any vacancies? (assuming these are non-rated hires)

Better to remain...
20th Apr 2010, 09:28
Hi Wodka,

I know one of the guys at Southwest and he was not from any school, experienced multi, turbine chap,

Best of luck

thunderbird-1
20th Apr 2010, 11:14
Hi,

PJN seems not to be accurate at all :hmm: .
Regarding Cityjet, no recruitment planned. Lot of FOs still on involuntary part time, pay freeze and allowances reduction extended for one more year, few cadets are working in the office while waiting for a TR course wich is of course continuously postponed. 3 captains recently sacked, 1 suspended :uhoh:.
And overcrewed in LCY, opportunities for FOs to relocate in DUB or temporarly in Paris.
Volcano ash... well, only god knows what will happen :{.

Good luck with your application :E.

alphaadrian
20th Apr 2010, 11:51
Had a reply back from cityjet couple of days ago. No vacancies now or in foreseeable future:(

adverse-bump
24th Apr 2010, 13:43
So I am a bit miffed

So just because you sent someone a CV you think you have a right to there next job!! haha,

and what makes you think that these people who are getting jobs are from oxford? there are hundreds of guys out of work at the moment. does your 'steady increase' in experience out way there 1000s of hours?

Pilot Positive
24th Apr 2010, 16:50
Not sure CityJet has ever recruited directly from the FTOs whilst Air Southwest has (in the past). Neither of them operate a Pay to Fly scheme.

Generally its a difficult time for all. Sorry. But keep chugging away and something will happen. :ok:

Wodka
25th Apr 2010, 19:32
thunderbird-1

cheers for the info, thought that was the case :ok:

adverse-bump

No of course I don't think I have any right to a job, i'm not that naive! That wasn't really the point of the thread... I'm trying to gauge the validity of these PJN updates