PDA

View Full Version : Cessna Cj or XLS...which rating?

liftman
19th Apr 2010, 08:33
Hy guys,

Trying to be more suitable for executive job which one to get between Cj and XLS?

I know the XLS but nothing on Cj family, any driver opinion?

Tks

x933
19th Apr 2010, 09:34
If it's speculative and you don't have a job offer - neither.

Chinchilla.612
21st Apr 2010, 19:55
Liftman,

If you're looking at paying for a rating out of your own pocket, and have no firm job offer to go with either rating then I'd have to agree with x933.

I have a number of friends qualified on both XLS and CJ series aircraft and all with plenty of jet hours (some with command time) and they are having trouble finding work.

No offence, but with a brand new type rating, and no hours on type........well suffice to say the odds are not likely to be in your favour.

If money is not an issue to you, then I'd go with the CJ series as the new CJ4 outperforms the XLS and seems more fun (personal opinion before everyone shouts at me).

Best of luck all the same.

Chinchilla.

Gear Monkey
23rd Apr 2010, 08:40
Job first, rating second.

And get the boss to pay, otherwise you'll take all year paying it off only to have to shell out all over again for a recurrent.

Fly Better!
23rd Apr 2010, 11:08
I would also say save your money, there are plenty of rated pilots out there with no job and lots of experience.

pilot dude
23rd Apr 2010, 14:54
I have a number of friends qualified on both XLS and CJ series aircraft and all with plenty of jet hours (some with command time) and they are having trouble finding work

He Chinchilla,

if some of them are willing to move to the high north, maybe this is something for them

Helitrans (http://www.helitrans.no/pg/?id=EkZkpFkFuFmZEHCvdM&tmpl=t_7)

Chinchilla.612
26th Apr 2010, 20:41
Pilot dude,

Thanks for that.
I've passed along the details accordingly.

Chinchilla.