PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Diversion

Stationair8
19th Apr 2010, 07:35
Just on Channel 9 News, Virgin flight enroute Perth to Melbourne, diverted in Adelaide due to smoke in the cabin.

Tempo
19th Apr 2010, 07:40
Surely the news story will end with...

"Whilst Virgin diverted today, this is a reminder of a series of incidents and emergencies for Qantas, the first of which was a..."

Dragun
19th Apr 2010, 07:51
I heard a C152 divert today from Mudgee to Bathurst. They updated their SARTIME with Melbourne centre. Possibly due to training.

tasdevil.f27
19th Apr 2010, 07:58
FYI, I diverted on my way home due to road works :}

Jabawocky
19th Apr 2010, 08:01
That may have been the Virgin problem too. Best to use the Training Extinguisher on those nasty problems!

7378FE
19th Apr 2010, 08:06
From the Adelaide Now website :

A VIRGIN Blue passenger has been taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. The woman, believed aged in her 50s, was accompanied by a friend at the hospital.
An SA Ambulance spokeswoman confirmed the woman was being treated for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning but said her condition was "not life threatening". It is still not known how she was poisoned.
Flight DJ558 was travelling from Perth to Sydney when it was diverted to Adelaide about 3.15pm.
Passengers told AdelaideNow they were unaware of the drama until the plane changed course for Adelaide. Some complained of an acrid smell during the flight. However, carbon monoxide is generally odourless.
Reports said another two passengers were treated for breathing difficulties at the airport.
About 130 passengers were screened by ambulance crews in the terminal before reboarding their flight about an hour later and continuing to Sydney.

Capn Bloggs
19th Apr 2010, 08:12
I told ya that ash would get down here eventually! :}

The Green Goblin
19th Apr 2010, 08:12
Well at least it's not the old boilers up back like the rat :}

Track5milefinal
19th Apr 2010, 09:27
Carbon Monoxide poisoning?

I always get nauseus, light headed and suffer breathing difficulties whilst flying VB.... I have just put it down to the hosties:}

The Baron
19th Apr 2010, 09:43
One report mentioned a possible Lithium Battery fire. Very nasty if indeed the case. They power most portable electronic devices these days with combustion temperatures over 1000 degrees Celsius. Standard BCF fire extinguisher ineffective in fighting same.

teresa green
19th Apr 2010, 13:21
Let me be the first to congratulate the Virgin Engineers for giving QF a break for at least 24 hrs. :D

Arm out the window
22nd Apr 2010, 00:10
I heard them call centre: fumes in the cabin, diverting, but still 'ops normal' and no distress call - I wonder what abnormal ops are like?:confused: