PDA

View Full Version : New Food at CX city, and moving out of Rama Gardens

ron burgandy
19th Apr 2010, 01:03
Resignation of Board Director
Posted On: 19 Apr 2010
Mr. Philip Chen Nan Lok, Director of John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd., Chairman of John Swire & Sons (China) Ltd., Executive Director of Swire Pacific Ltd., Deputy Chairman and Non-Executive Director of Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd., has decided to leave the Swire group at the end of June 2010. Mr. Chen joined the Swire group in 1977 and in addition to Hong Kong has worked with the group in Mainland China and elsewhere in the Asia Pacific region. Mr. Chen has been a director of the Swire group in Hong Kong since 1998. He has expressed his desire to pursue other interests.
Mr. Chen said, “It has been a most difficult decision, as I am leaving a group I have served for 33 years, since graduation from University.”
“I am very grateful for the trust, support and opportunities given to me over the years. I am fortunate to have been able to work with such a great team in an internationally renowned group. I am confident that the Swire group will go from strength to strength and I wish it every success in the years to come,” he added.
The Board of John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd. would like to express its appreciation to Mr. Chen for his long and dedicated service to the group, and in particular for his contributions and counsel as a member of the Board over the last 12 years.
Mr. Christopher Pratt, Chairman of John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd., said, “Philip has been a valued member of the group and has contributed much to its success, particular in the group’s aviation business. We are sad to see him go and wish him all the best in the future.”

Neptunus Rex
19th Apr 2010, 18:10
One man's resignation signals three separate threads! This must be unprecedented in the annals of Pprune. (I stand to be corrected.)
Wait to see where he pops up next. Perhaps he "got a better offer?"
Christopher Pratt's remarks remind one of Shakespeare:
"Damning with faint praise."
Interesting times at CX City.

Frogman1484
20th Apr 2010, 00:50
Was Chen on the board of HEACO? The reason i ask is because a few months ago there was the case of the CHen on the Board of HEACO giving his brother the contract for the accomodation of the mainland chinese trainees.

If this is the same case then maybe the ICAC might be looking under the rocks too close to home.:ok:

Capt Vertigo
21st Apr 2010, 16:11
Probably got an offer from Air China ahead of the inevitable merger, or would that be takeover, of Cathay Pacific !!!

Don : You are most likely right! After 33 years, he will not just walk away for nothing. ;) Good luck to mankind's speculations. :cool:

Happy and safe flying!