PDA

View Full Version : Our Airline - Brisbane to Norfolk

Jabawocky
18th Apr 2010, 10:20
Anyone know how serious the alleged fuselage crack was that cancelled the flight on Saturday.

With so few a/c to draw from I bet that really mucks up their schedule!:suspect:

Pax spent a day and half less on the rock! Those going for a week probably were done a favour:E

witwiw
20th Apr 2010, 03:09
From the movements records on BAC's site and Sydney airport's site, it appears that Sunday's flying went ahead completely as per schedule.
One flight cancelled (Saturday) from the same BAC site - wouldn't call that much of a disruption to their schedule....................... now, if you were off to Europe, however!!!

Jabawocky
20th Apr 2010, 06:59
You wouldn't call it much of a disruption except if the a/c is U/S for a lengthy period for repair.:ouch:

down3gr33ns
20th Apr 2010, 08:53
With so few a/c to draw from I bet that really mucks up their schedule!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/cwm13.gif

As WITIW said, only one flight cancelled as their other aircraft pattern was re-worked and picked up the schedule without a missing beat on Sunday. And that, too, without messing up the commitments on the second aircraft.

Nope, not much of a disruption at all, considering the limitations of a small carrier.

I've had more disruption travelling inter capital city in Oz - and that's with carriers with 25 times as many aircraft in their fleet. I'd say a job well done.

DARK.LORD
26th Apr 2010, 00:05
Old aeroplanes break. It has always been that way.

Good effort really!