PDA

View Full Version : CL 604 /605 rating

wigwag
17th Apr 2010, 10:51
Hello

Looking to find if the 604/ 605 rating this the same type, or requires 2 separate ratings on faa?

Anybody with recommendations for the 605 rating?

Regards

WW:ok:

Global Warrior
17th Apr 2010, 13:10
do one, the other is a differences course, 1 day ground school then a sim.

yacan
17th Apr 2010, 16:03
It is one rating
And one day differences course. You should do 605 first though.
That makes things easier
:-)

falconflier
17th Apr 2010, 22:23
Did the 604 initial with 605 differences last summer and just finished 604 recurrent at Bombardier DFW last week. Rumor has it the 605 will be coming to Dallas early next year. Don't know how Montreal is but the program and instructors in Texas are quite good.

wigwag
18th Apr 2010, 06:25
Thanks for the info falcon flyer o you have a approx cost for the course and recommendation for accom ?

Thanks everyone

WW

Gilhooley
19th Apr 2010, 21:03
Check out Buysimtime (http://www.buysimtime.com) they maybe able to help you out.

falconflier
24th Apr 2010, 16:54
Got the full service initial, not sure what our company paid. As far as accomodations, there are a ton of places on both the north and south sides of DFW with some great rates. Might be as low as US$69 to US$79 a night often including breakfast and shuttle to CAE. Bombardier can steer you toward some preferential rates also.

wigwag
25th Apr 2010, 13:46
Thanks for the info.

Must say there customer service sucks, Ive sent several requests for simple course details and prices, called twice and still no response. I received an email read response, but still no answer.

Bombardier need to learn some PR.

Thanks again everyone.

WW

keithskye
25th Apr 2010, 15:21
The Montreal center is no better - I had the same problem trying to get someone to respond.

Keith

Gilhooley
29th Apr 2010, 20:11
When doing my recurrent and someone else was paying I stayed in the Embassy Suites Outdoor World but now that I have to pay my own way stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Grapevine. Rooms fine, walking distance from ok resturants, shuttle to training centre and local area.$70 per night approx.

wigwag
30th Apr 2010, 04:49
Thanks for the tips on hotel. Its just a shame that I still dont have any feedback from Bombardier on the course, nothing, even after several phone calls I cant find anyone to give me the price. What a way to do business, and I thought Flight Safety was bad.

ww

Gilhooley
30th Apr 2010, 07:49
WW. I know of somebody also looking for information on courses from Bombardier and they have been told the person who deals with quotes etc will be back in the office today (Friday 30th). All the best G.

thos1n
30th Apr 2010, 14:03
Did the diff course last year..$4500. remember the only course approved by the CAA is the one in Montreal.

galaxy flyer
1st May 2010, 02:38
If you go to DFW and are a Hilton-type guy, the Hilton Southlake is very nice. Near an outdoor mall, lots of restaurants, shopping and about a 15 minute drive. Good Guiness in the hotel, too.

GF

wigwag
1st May 2010, 03:10
Thanks for the information, thos1n I didn't know DFW wasn't approved by the CAA, but which caa ? the UK CAA ? Interesting to know why?

Out of interest what was the Diff course like and how long did it take?

ww

thos1n
1st May 2010, 10:01
I saw it in Lasors on the UKCAA web site. They only mention Montreal with no ref to Dallas. Maybe sim has not been approved..but check with them yourself,things change. It took two days,if your on604 its a doddle..just loads of extra toys. One day ground school then 3 hrs sim (4 if you have a buddy)

The Mad Russian
1st May 2010, 10:15
I assume you mean the UK CAA and you have a UK issued JAA/EASA licence?

When I last checked there was a central European based JAA/EASA approved TRTO (do a search) that held CL604 – CL605 differences course approval. The difference training course must be run by an EASA approved TRTO (for a EASA/JAA state issued licence holder)with the course shown on their TRTO approval document (issued by their EASA/JAA State regulator).

The UK CAA being a EASA/JAA member state regulator would accept another JAA/EASA member State TRTO approval (big trouble if they didn't!).

The differences training will include classroom and either simulator or the real 605 aircraft (on ground power) for the practical/tactile training element (mostly the use of the Proline 21 as fitted to the 605). The training is carried out by a CL 604/5 EASA/JAA qualified SFI or TRI. You will be issued with a course completion certificate upon successful completion of the course by the EASA/JAA TRTO.

I understand the costs are about the same, just saves the airfare. The ideal is using a FFS for this training.

Hope this helps.