PDA

View Full Version : Loganair

CHECHE
17th Apr 2010, 10:16
Does anyone know, when loganair will start a new recruiment?? :confused:

Dr Eckener
17th Apr 2010, 10:30
Don't know, but you are in the right place. They seem to have more Spanish pilots than Brits.

Callsign Kilo
17th Apr 2010, 10:53
Don't know, but you are in the right place. They seem to have more Spanish pilots than Brit

Don't know where you got that information, I am pretty sure there are a few Spaniards however there recent intake - I believe 6 FOs this year - were all Scottish based instructors. Not sure if there is any further expected, however all these guys were sitting in a hold pool for a considerable time. I know one of the fortunate 6 personally. He enjoys it immensely. He may be along here soon to shed some light regarding future positions.

dingbat2407
17th Apr 2010, 11:26
If your friend could shed some light on the situation that would be greatly appreciated, I have applied many times and would be nice to know they are actually recruiting one of the times i apply lol.

Keep in touch,

Bat

Seven Fifty Seven
17th Apr 2010, 15:13
Loganair employed 6 new FOs on the SAAB and DHC6, mix of type rated, GA instructors and new low houred guys. Mainly replacements for leaving pilots.

They don't currently have plans for any more recruitment in the foreseeable future.

Of the 100+ pilots, there are only 2 Spaniards. Not exactly the Spanish take-over that was mentioned previously.:cool:

alphaadrian
17th Apr 2010, 16:05
Wouldnt be too optimistic with the Loganair recruitment chances. Im pretty sure the chief pilot has just received about 30 C.Vs from all the ex-Highland Airways guys and there was a lot of VERY experienced guys there but hey...you gotta be in it to win it!!

ps. Not knowing your experience level...the statement above only applies if you are a low-hours guy. If you gotta few thousand hours,I guess you stand as much chance as the next guy.

Good luck:ok:

CHECHE
28th Jul 2010, 11:56
With all rumors about near future recruitment in Flybe, Does anybody know anything new regarding Loganair??:confused:

andrew152
28th Jul 2010, 12:00
they are going to start recruiting in oct/nov this year keep an eye on their web site

CHECHE
28th Jul 2010, 12:02
That was a fast reply!!!:eek:

Vulcan607
28th Jul 2010, 20:18
I'd keep an eye on their website and maybe even Flight International website or now FlightGlobal or whatever they are calling themselves.

Interviewing for the hold pool I believe first 2 weeks in sept/october time.

manxcat
29th Jul 2010, 19:09
Sounds like good news. :ok:

Any idea what the experience requirements for the hold pool are likely to be please?

The Cat :cool:

CHECHE
4th Aug 2010, 08:48
Check - Loganair jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Loganair)

How accurate is this info??

Would they open recruitment for SF34 type rated pilots??

andrew152
5th Aug 2010, 09:11
I know one of the training captains and I can assure you that the recruitment process will begin soon.

good luck

CHECHE
5th Aug 2010, 19:19
Sky Captain, this link www2.loganair.co.uk/PilotApplication.htm (http://www2.loganair.co.uk/PilotApplication.htm) works. I don't know if they look at it.

rgds

MIKECR
5th Aug 2010, 19:24
Perhaps a hard copy CV and covering letter may be a better option??

CHECHE
5th Aug 2010, 19:31
Sorry but to whom and what address??:confused:

Thunderbird-2
6th Aug 2010, 08:47
They won't accept CV's unless you have filled in the online application form (they Check). I believe they have the necessary candidates for the next batch of interviews. Two new F/O's to start soon. :ok:

Seven Fifty Seven
9th Aug 2010, 20:55
Loganair no longer check the online application form, hence it being switched off from the main website. The back door does not help as no one in Loganair looks at it anymore. Hard copy or email to the HR department only at the moment.

ATIS31
9th Aug 2010, 21:14
Are they opening a base in Inverness ? I saw it mentioned on the pilot jobs network Website.

Seven Fifty Seven
9th Aug 2010, 21:30
Inverness base opened back in March.

CHECHE
10th Aug 2010, 11:30
Yes It will be very helpfull :)

ABO944
13th Aug 2010, 16:41
Apply online through their website ...

Welcome to Loganair - Scotland's Airline (http://www.loganair.co.uk)

Seven Fifty Seven
13th Aug 2010, 21:27
Err.. As stated before, waste of time, doesn't work anymore.

Vulcan607
13th Aug 2010, 22:34
dont see the point in posting a link to the loganair website. Go onto it and there is no pilot application.

Also, what I find interesting is this thread has had almost 5000 views and only 20 odd replies..........somebody on here knows something

:E :E :E :E :E

Seven Fifty Seven
14th Aug 2010, 17:03
There's no pilot application because the 'actual' link via the main Loganair website was deactivated over 6 months ago due them not recruiting for pilots. Personally, that would be a good hint to me that they didn't want my application. However, someone found a backdoor hyperlink, the one posted on the previous page which circumnavigated the Loganair main website direct to open the dormant application form. That has now been shut down. Anyone who wasted their time following that link outwith the main website to access the form well..... wasted their time.:ugh:

CHECHE
8th Oct 2010, 14:40
Someone said in previous post that loganair was going to start recruitment around OCT/NOV, does anyone knows anything?
Seems like market is moving in the right direction at UK.. Am I right?

rgds..

CHECHE
22nd Oct 2010, 10:38
Nothing??? :(

mad_jock
22nd Oct 2010, 11:23
From what I can tell/have heard they are hoovering up FI's who are currently based in Scotland on intials TR's and a couple of TP pilots who were unemployed. They have taken on 5 that I know of in Nov.

I would imagine there are more than enough FI's in scotland sitting with 1000 hours plus to satisfy requirements.