PDA

View Full Version : diffuse non-specific T wave changes

squitter
5th Aug 2001, 22:55
I have just had the result from my initial class one medical, asking me to make arrangements to have an exercise ECG as my electrocardiogram showed diffuse non-specific T wave changes. Has anyone else had this? What was your result? What the hell is it? Is my ambition about to be ruined?

3db
5th Aug 2001, 23:20
Squitter,
I had this about 2 years ago on an FAA class 1. In my case, nothing to worry about and I still hold the class 1. Had an excersie ECG and Ultrasound, they concluded either I had a slight chest infection or the monitor tab was placed slightly wrong on the "faulty" ECG. In my case, by moving the "T" tab slightly more round my body, they could reproduce the symptom. Overall, nothing to worry about. I hope its the same in your case.

lostinBRU
8th Aug 2001, 15:18
Squitter, not familiar with the terminology you've used, so my experience my not be similar to yours...... but...

At one medical my doc detected that my heart was giving the ocassional double beat whilst resting. He didn't seem very concerned, just asked me to jump up and do a few pressups to put the heart under some load. Result was a normal beat pattern and he didn't even bother putting me back on the machine.

He is however a senior CAA doctor himself. Whether I would have had the same treatment from a "routine" doc is debatable.

Whatever, good luck.

Hew Jampton
9th Aug 2001, 06:30
Been there,done that. After nearly thirty years of holding a medical I was called in for an exercise ECG etc for an alleged T-wave problem. My AME was furious, as he had noticed it when I first started going to him years before, but thought it so insignificant that it wasn't worth mentioning. He said I probably had it since birth. Anyway, did the treadmill bit (they don't call it a stress ECG any more, you get the stress immediately on opening the white envelope), the T-wave was unchanged and medical renewed without further restriction or problem. So I hope the same applies to you. The only problem comes when you fill in an insurance form etc and they ask if you have ever been called in/referred for any tests. Good luck.