PDA

View Full Version : Sight to behold.....

ZAZOO
16th Apr 2010, 17:29
What a pleasure it was to capture the beauty of a Bombardier Global Express parked at the General Aviation Terminal DNMM...

I gather she is here to stay, bought by a Nigerian Business Mogul. It takes a lot of presence and elegance from an aeroplane to make me stop the crew bus driver get out, catch my breath and let the whole aura of an Airplane just sink in......:) " I have been around and seen a couple " but this one did just that.

Very Nice, as they say in France "Chapeau"

Zazoo

NaijaNinja
16th Apr 2010, 18:43
Yeah Zaz,

I agree and you know what, there's 3 more coming into Naija with the first one due next week. That lady you saw went to Freetown yesterday morning and ETE was less than 2 hours!

Guess what, very small number of 'expats' will be driving these VIP buses as most of the crew already typed for the machines are experienced locals.

Zaz, you tempted?

ZAZOO
16th Apr 2010, 22:43
Tempted.!!! Ninja, I'm hooked already, that Aeroplane is absolutely Spiffing dear boy.

Zazoo

PS: Did you say 3 more for delivery to Lagos...keep me posted fella.. just keep me posted.

Spadhampton
16th Apr 2010, 23:42
Hate to be cynical, but they look rather puny next to a Boeing BBJ…..
Not to mention a history of flight control problems due to freezing water.
I’m not impressed with Bombardier.

NaijaNinja
17th Apr 2010, 19:39
Spadhampton,

Fair comment, although the BBJ isn't that much different from your ultracommon 73X.

Global Express is far more superior performance-wise and let's not even start talking about the range or ceiling!

You prefer the Boeing, its a free choice to make. Bombardier do make very nice machines just like Embraer and this needs to be duly recognised.

Spadhampton
17th Apr 2010, 22:41
Since we are comparing incomparable aluminum tubes, Bombardier is not bad for a mini jet. However one would think that the Canadians would build airplanes that can handle ice a bit better, considering their latitude.

NaijaNinja
18th Apr 2010, 17:04
True words about the Ice thing but i understand its much better these days than it was in the past.

5N-OSA
19th Apr 2010, 17:39
Does any one know the REG or the 5N tail number that is if it registered in Nigeria.

dooq787
19th Apr 2010, 22:08
its N104DA

Klogic
19th Apr 2010, 23:15
There are a couple of Challengers owned by Vistajet in lagos at the moment..Saw 2 this evening, infact one was behind us from Los to Abv and then later departed abv to jborg..Is vistajet setting up a base in lagos or is it just a coincidence?

By the way, i will go for the G550 parked at Arik hangar anytime:D

5N-OSA
20th Apr 2010, 12:10
I did some google searching and it looks like vista jet is looking to expand to middle east and west Africa. Countries of interest are Ghana and Nigeria and it looks like Nigeria is its base with the number of challengers in Nigeria.

Localiser Established
20th Apr 2010, 16:20
They also operate the Global Express (OE-LAF) parked at the GAT near the Associated 727. Just like the 'big' grey challenger parked with the other business jets (up until yesterday morning).

NaijaNinja
20th Apr 2010, 22:57
Guys wake up and smell the coffee!

Election is next year, the contesting 'thiefs' will need lots of metals to gallivant around to pay their bribe bills!

Fuzzy Lager
21st Apr 2010, 06:48
Global 'ey? I guess the world is still falling for 419 scams then.

A country that has given the world so little sure knows how to take from it.

ZAZOO
28th Apr 2010, 17:23
Hey Ninja Global Express number 2 touched down Lagos behind me about 13:30 zulu today. Heard them calling Lagos control from position Opala.....from Montreal to Lagos all crew only....

She is pretty, took some photos on arrival in the hangar opposite associated.

Any info.

Zaz

NaijaNinja
28th Apr 2010, 21:11
Yeah she came in a day late, will keep you posted!

5N-OSA
29th Apr 2010, 13:30
Yeah.. with the Reg, Pictures and possible owner.:ok::ok::}:8

NaijaNinja
29th Apr 2010, 22:12
5N-OSA,

Easiest of your questions to answer at press time is ownership.

Clue: Owner is always glo-ing! He built a brand new hangar for the new lady & her smaller sister to live in when in town!

Enough said.

Reg will most likely be Bermudan, but work is ongoing.

For pics, go to GAT or ask Zazoo, am too old fashioned to know how to use a digital camera.

5N-OSA
1st May 2010, 10:25
Thanks very much sir. so much money in the system.

Shunanny
6th May 2010, 16:56
Does look like VISTAJET is setting up a base in Lagos.
Just signed up with a local businessman at EBACE....
1200hrs sold so far.......and counting....

No luck for local jockeys..................................yet

I would say missed opportunities for the likes of NAC............etc:ugh:

TonyWilliams
6th May 2010, 20:51
I'm surprised you boys missed out on the VQ registered Global. Four thousand foot cabin at 40,000 feet (10.7psi differential), cabin humidifier, super quiet, 41,000 pounds of gas to burn (I'm guessing) 3000/hr at M.83.

BizJet700
22nd May 2010, 10:29
AFAIK... the crew for VQ-BJA was already in place. This aircraft replaces the owner's old Challenger 604 N800BN, and the crew moved from the CL60 to the GLEX.

Looks like Aliko Dangote is having teething problems with N104DA. Delivered 9th April. Back at Bombardier's Toronto facility 16th May, then diverting to Montreal whilst doing CYYZ-DNMM on the 20th.

DownIn3Green
25th May 2010, 19:38
Anyone who has flown or wants to fly for a "VIP" outfit knows the first rule of thumb is not to let out "details" of your business, i.e.-A/C position, where you fly, who's on board, etc...

Good luck guys, IMHO if you get hired you won't last long...

Sorry for the facts of life...