PDA

View Full Version : JCB S76...why fly.. when no fly??

volrider
16th Apr 2010, 17:10
Sitting grounded today at a busy airport, well busy with birds that sing happily..I have seen for the 2nd day running the JCB S76 pass overhead

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/41/78074760_9d57a62e31.jpg

Any ideas why this was flying?? Thats of course if it was the JCB aircraft I saw...:confused:

Hummingfrog
16th Apr 2010, 17:28
Read the NOTAM that will explain all.

HF

volrider
16th Apr 2010, 17:31
Would do if the computer would stay stable long enough for me to log in!!! Be nice if you could explain please;)

Paul Chocks
16th Apr 2010, 17:38
volrider,

There was no restriction on VFR traffic. Why shouldn't they fly?

volrider
16th Apr 2010, 17:46
So why are the EMS not flying and the RAF looking at each task on its merit when operating SAR etc?? Or is it better air VFR? Curious...

Two's in
16th Apr 2010, 17:58
Think business not NOTAMS - Probably because EMS and the RAF are not profit driven organisations. JCB don't fly an S-76 because they like the view.

MightyGem
16th Apr 2010, 18:02
So why are the EMS not flying
Depending on what they fly, it could be the same reason that we are not flying: the engine manufacturer won't except any claims for engine damage.

tomotomp
16th Apr 2010, 18:05
all down to weather insurance will cover cost of any repair to engines etc

volrider
16th Apr 2010, 18:07
Think business not NOTAMS - Probably because EMS and the RAF are not profit driven organisations
Maybe JCB should be driven by the same standard of safety????

could be the same reason that we are not flying: the engine manufacturer won't except any claims for engine damage

Ummm S76C has Turbomeca powerplants, same manufactuer as the EMS 135's???
Maybe their engines suck different air then:}

Paul Chocks
16th Apr 2010, 19:11
Volride,

I think you are stirring!

No doubt the flight crew of JCB explained to the owner the situation. No doubt the owner then asked the crew of their perception of risk, which was probably 'low', at which point the owner accepted the risk.

Just because a manufacturer won't accept risk, doesn't mean the owner can't. (Of course by doing that, there could be issues with insurance)

nigelh
16th Apr 2010, 19:21
Volride ....put your dummy back into your mouth and go play nicely with your friends ............ you wussy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London Derriere
16th Apr 2010, 19:30
Have you met Lord and Lady Bamford?

"No doubt the flight crew of JCB explained to the owner the situation. No doubt the owner then asked the crew of their perception of risk, which was probably 'low', at which point the owner accepted the risk."

No doubt. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-022.gif

volrider
16th Apr 2010, 20:05
nigelh no doubt you would be risk adverse likewise I would be adverse to sit in the cockpit with someone who stupidly thinks he knows better, rules are for reasons, not fools.... error chain...think CRM if you can manage that task:ok:
As for stirring I was asking a simple question

Senior Pilot
16th Apr 2010, 21:04
We already have a thread, Helicopters and Volcanic Ash. (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/412150-helicopters-volcanic-ash.html) There is little need to create another thread on the issue, especially one that seems intent on gratuitous mud slinging :ugh: