PDA

View Full Version : MD 11 asia

robyjoe
15th Apr 2010, 13:43
Hi all
anybody has any news regarding an airline in asia that is recruiting 30/40 MD 11 F/O type rated and non?
Thank You for any reply
Robyjoe

MonsterC01
17th Apr 2010, 16:15
My guess would be EVA AIR,

Their short of crew on their MD-11's now with a lot of pilots left or leaving. Plus their getting one of their MD-11's back from lease with Shanghi cargo, and their getting their MD-11 back from the desert. So their fleet will be back up to 9.

Don't expect great T&C thou. Eva's pay is pretty ordinary esp if your trying to maintain a house and family back home. Also 4 yr bond even if your type rated, and a 6 yr bond if your not. Also really unpredictable sched, one month you'll fly 120 hrs block, the next 40. It's important as it has a big impact on your pay packet at the end of the month.

Really living the dream!

atpcliff
26th May 2010, 21:50
Hi!

Yes, it is EVA. Looks like you can apply directly, or via Direct Personnel.

cliff
LFW

Time Traveller
27th May 2010, 05:52
4 year bond if you're rated!!!!!

:eek:

Madness

atpcliff
27th May 2010, 17:02
Hi!

The T&C from the contracting agency said 3 year bond...rating doesn't matter.

EK has a 3 year bond, and so do a lot of other carriers.

If you don't like this job's T&Cs, try one of the "Majors" in the US:
US Airways/UAL/AA/Continental all pay between $25,000 and $35,000 the first YEAR!

cliff
LFW

cosmiccomet
27th May 2010, 18:47
atpcliff, it is not fair to compair EVA Air with any of those US companies because those companies are not recruiting at this moment.
And if any of those are going to recruit in the near future they have to recall all the furloughed guys.

The salary in those companies for the first or the second year is really low but after the third the increase is big...let me now how much salary increase have you had in EVA for the last three years???

It could be a good chance for somebody how doesn't have any other option...but I would not leave a job for moving to EVA/CAL/TransAsia in Taiwan...somebody said "expats are required but not welcome"...

atpcliff
27th May 2010, 20:20
Hi!

So, I shouldn't compare EVA with the US majors because they are not hiring? Guys should not go to EVA, because it's better to wait for the US major to hire them...can they even get an interview??? Delta is actually hiring, and they pay more, about $53,000 your first year.

I don't work at EVA, but am trying to apply.

My job: $5500/mo., with medical. No retirement. No travel.
Schedule: I am on call to fly for 180 days in a row, and then get 30 days off. Where am I based month-to-month? I have no idea. Where do I fly to out of the base? Often don't know until the day of the flight.

The pay at EVA is about the same, but I can go home every month, and I am flying something modern, with a glass cockpit. Will I even get an interview, and, if I get one, can I even afford to go? I have no idea.

cliff
LFW

cosmiccomet
27th May 2010, 20:50
In that case...you don't have many options...so take the ticket if you can.

Duh
30th May 2010, 20:58
I heard that there is a difference in bond if your typed vs not typed.
Question is, with so few MD11s in the world, where do you get typed? And how expensive is it?
UPS, Finnair, FedEx.......I dunno

atpcliff
30th May 2010, 21:35
Hi!

For these 40 contract FO positions: It does not matter if you are typed or not for the bond....3 years....according to the contracting agency's info.

cliff
LFW

Duh
30th May 2010, 22:49
Uuuuuuhhh, check the money part! Astronomical difference. Hope that word is not to big for ya :}