PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Problem

Tosh McCaber
15th Apr 2010, 08:47
I have had an HP Scanjet 4470C scanner for quite a few years, which has given pretty good scanning results. I haven't used for a while, but, on scanning a photo yesterday, a faint moire appeared over the whole scanned photo, giving it a somewhat washed out appearance , as well as a series of closely spaced lines resembling the scanning passes over the document.

I've tried it with as high a resolution as 600dpi, (giving a huge file), but with no better results. I also tried it with different scanning software, with not much difference.

Between last use and this, unsatisfactory result, there has been absolutely no change to the scanner that I can think of.

Any suggestions?

Bushfiva
15th Apr 2010, 09:28
If the lines are perpendicular to the direction of scan bar travel, it might be a mechanical thing that will go away if you keep using it for a while. I'd do another couple dozen scans and see if it automagically fixes itself.

Mornington Crescent
15th Apr 2010, 09:52
Had a similar problem and got lots of help from the link below.

HP Products (http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-006&h_cc=uk&h_lang=en&h_page=hpcom&h_product=top&h_client=test)

However, in spite of using the software they sent me I was still left with a blue "bloom"

In desperation I took the lamp out (fluorescent) - looked at it and put it back in.

I have had no problems since!