PDA

View Full Version : Ek bonus

flyinghighskyhighy
14th Apr 2010, 21:13
How many weeks would we get this time? if any or will they use the same words last yr

yankee22
15th Apr 2010, 10:16
I don't think anyone cares anymore. We're all sooo tired from working ridiculous schedules and also tired from being lied to and manipulated.

Most can't think staight due to fatigue, so getting an answer might be tough.

Schnowzer
15th Apr 2010, 10:37
I do. 6% and 2 weeks!

a747jb
15th Apr 2010, 11:43
Why are we excited about 6% and 2 weeks. Thats an absolute kick in the balls considering the kind of money they are making and the amount we are working. Unfortunately, I think thats all these guys (insert choice name calling and words here ) are going to part with. :ouch:

fatbus
15th Apr 2010, 12:28
It should be 15-20 % and 15+ weeks, but greed will bring it down to 6& ( which cost zero , taken from us already) and 2-3 weeks because they can say and do whatever they want to

Fart Master
15th Apr 2010, 15:28
What's the difference between your c*ck and your bonus.....................

Yor wife will blow your bonus, ta da:D

CohibaFlyer
18th Apr 2010, 20:51
I get my Bone Us every day I fly with the one day off, I'd love to have three days in a row to just sleep and try to see my wife and kids. I see all the complaints about EK and I envy their schedules. "Worlds Best Airline" What a joke. Sorry Guys I think we gotten the Bone.

dustyprops
19th Apr 2010, 04:11
Well obviously it'll be 0 weeks and very little raise. Volcano took care of that.

fatbus
19th Apr 2010, 04:16
Volcano happened after the year end but it couldn't have happened at a better time for management / pay review. What kind of a spin they will put on that will be humorous

dustyprops
19th Apr 2010, 04:41
As I think you are alluding to fatbus, it makes no difference which side of March 31st this happened as far as this lot are concerned. It's curtains to profit share and maybe payrise.

pissedoffpilotek
19th Apr 2010, 11:58
Well in a few days time they will be begging us to help out and recover the situation.
I'm sure that no pay rise and no profit share will mean not too many people answer the phone.
On the other hand if they give something decent most guys would be happy to help out!
Here's hoping:ugh:

Jolly Foreigner
19th Apr 2010, 12:23
Alternatively they could just furlough guys if they are losing that much cash should a hinderance to the recovery plan be a way of kicking back at the company. Personally I would like to get the show back on the road whenever it happnes and not jepordise mine or the family's future. These are exceptional circumstances and being a t@*t about is not really an option.

:=

donpizmeov
19th Apr 2010, 12:39
From a very reliable source (well a friend of a friend who has a sister who has a daughter that goes to school with someone that knows the dxb refueler) "the 2010 bonus will be a minimum of three times that given in 2009".

You read it here first chaps,

The Don

777boyindubai
19th Apr 2010, 14:16
For those that don't know EK and who don't understand Don's sarcasm, it means that 3 times 0 equals your bonus! :confused:

dustyprops
20th Apr 2010, 06:15
Jolly Foreigner, how on earth are they going to furlough guys when they don't have enough as it is? Are you suggesting they are going to axe routes and reduce capacity significantly as a result of this? But wait.....then they'd have to park airplanes which is expensive business and not to mention how that looks to the rest of the industry when we've been "leading the way" and expanding during the economic crisis.

I think you will be fine mate, Madrid, Prague, Tokyo, Dakar all coming online. I don't think anyones being a t@*t about anything, realistic is more like it, Chill.

fatbus
20th Apr 2010, 06:34
Some people have no idea what goes on here and how EK operates

puff m'call
24th Apr 2010, 08:24
What Ed and Tim Clarke and the rest of them fail to say is how much was actually saved while all the european flight were grounded.

Never mind Hotel, per diems and flight pay, what about the saving in fuel costs, it must be millions of $$$$$$$$$$ :*

Oblaaspop
24th Apr 2010, 09:37
Well, using your logic Puff, the most profitable airline on the planet must be the one which never flies at all!

In fact, I think I'll set up my own one with no aircraft whatsoever...... This time next year I'll be a millionaire I tells ya!:ugh:

ibelieveicanfly
25th Apr 2010, 08:25
I do not know about you guys,but I do not see any dirham as a profit share on my april salary,those bas....:=.We worked hard last financial year and thanks are only for coping with VA.disgusting!

donpizmeov
25th Apr 2010, 08:30
Calm down, they dont tell us about the pay cuts and no profit share until the 6th May. And it never gets paid until the May salary. So save your disappointment until then.

The don

ibelieveicanfly
25th Apr 2010, 08:56
well 2 years ago the profit share was paid with april salary

Visual Procedures
25th Apr 2010, 09:10
Wrong wrong wrong :=

You may believe you can fly, but your memory is crap. :ugh:

May pay it was.

ibelieveicanfly
25th Apr 2010, 09:20
ok in this case we'll see if the management will have some "little" consideration

LongExcursion
26th Apr 2010, 23:30
Some of us have got short memories: they did after all guarantee there'd be no redundancies during the downturn and they actually managed to keep that promise, largely. Some not so lucky at CX and SQ. Not many know how close EK came to buckling financially during the GFC. Too much leverage and mismanaged cashflows almost saw another asset sold to our Abu Dhabi neighbours. Grass is always greener if constantly looking over the fence.

helen-damnation
27th Apr 2010, 04:16
Not many know how close EK came to buckling financially during the GFC.

Care to back that up with some hard data?

MosEisley
27th Apr 2010, 04:59
Some of us have got short memories: they did after all guarantee there'd be no redundancies during the downturn and they actually managed to keep that promise, largely. Some not so lucky at CX and SQ.

The lack of furloughs is deceptive. There were no formal layoffs, but due to the reduction in T&Cs, enough people left voluntarily (and IN-voluntarily) during that period that reductions were never needed and they were able to save face by pretending to actually keep a promise.

Wizofoz
27th Apr 2010, 10:04
Mos,

I will NEVER forgive EK for the sackings, that was simply immoral.

But you really think the slightly less than 100 that left (and have now been replaced, total number of pilots now more than 12 months ago) were in lieu of lay-offs? Remember we took aircraft deliveries throughout 2009-2010.

BTW the whole "Furlough" thing is a North American phenomena- Most everywhere else you either have a job or you don't.

MosEisley
27th Apr 2010, 14:10
Wiz,

Not at all. I don't think they were ever close to furloughing or letting people go. They ensured that by reducing the pilot cost significantly. They manner in which they did enabled them to say that we didn't take a pay cut and everyone got to keep their jobs. Just as a side comment, even very large airlines make decisions to only furlough a couple hundred pilots at a time so the pay cut plus one hundred or so pilots leaving was probably enough to mitigate any need to formally reduce numbers. Just a theory.

Chewthecrude
27th Apr 2010, 14:23
Not the 6th it's now delayed. But I have faith! believe!

Wizofoz
27th Apr 2010, 14:41
Yes,

delayed till after the 6th because it's the day of the UK election.

Hopefully a good sign as that would be a good day to hide BAD news......

lowstandard
27th Apr 2010, 16:13
Long E,

I am pushing 900hrs/ 365 days. No augment for PEK, PVG and 3 crew for JFK and you think we should be kneeling and bobbing because they didnt lay anyone off??!

Annex 2 + discretion x Ed's an @ssh$%& - TCAS has nothing of his name in his trousers = not enough pilots!

Nevermind, it would be like trying to explain TV to my dog.

LongExcursion
28th Apr 2010, 05:08
Ahhh, where would we be without passionate debate, I ask? Have to say, I do enjoy the two way. We all speak from our perspective. My intention was not to diminish the plight of those "furlongs" as it were. As for TV, I know where the OFF button is, does that count?

jkizzle
29th Apr 2010, 08:30
I thought they normally announced yearly results/bonus on the last Thursday of April?

mensaboy
29th Apr 2010, 18:12
You are correct Jkizzle. But this year, they have persistently pushed back the announcement date because they are continuing to hope that suitable pilots, engineers and even cabin crew might start considering Emirates Airline as a viable option.

It just ain't going to happen. The truth is out about EK, and it is going to take a gargantuan effort on the part of the individuals responsible for our quality of life, to make some positive changes. Sadly, they are not equiped or capable enough to make those decisions.

For those of us here, things are going to get worse and for those coming here.... well their lives are simply not going to be pleasant. I am disgusted at how we are treated but even more than that realization, is that the newbies will definitely be treated worse than us.

ekwhistleblower
30th Apr 2010, 03:44
25 year anniversary, 25% plus 25 weeks:ok:

Rather Be Skiing
30th Apr 2010, 07:18
25 year anniversary, 25% plus 25 weekshttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

I think I like the world you live in!! :)

saywhat
30th Apr 2010, 10:17
25 year anniversary, 25% plus 25 weeks

I thought drugs were banned in the UAE....:E

fatbus
30th Apr 2010, 15:35
only for those that have been at ek for 25 years

joe.bloggs
1st May 2010, 19:11
I would have said 3 weeks & 8% but now with EF**ALL (The volcano watchmacalit) It's anyone's guess. If you think they will respect the year end cutoff then dream on. We sure are going to see a lot of resignations:uhoh: if they dont give something good. Almost everyone I know wants to leave if the right job comes along. Wait and watch.

BYMONEK
3rd May 2010, 07:04

" Almost everyone I know wants to leave if the right job comes along"

And that, my friend, is where the crux of the matter lies!

Anyway, you may be pleasantly surprised. As you so rightly say, wait and watch. Around the 11th should do it!

Chewthecrude
3rd May 2010, 13:01
I heard today that it'll be at EGHQ on 13th. No one knows the deal or how much apart from those at the very top of the food chain however I believe it'll be something and we might be pleasantly suprised. Bonus that is however pay rise is a must what with the spiralling cost of living here!:{

maimax
3rd May 2010, 14:19
no amount of bonus or pay rise will make any difference as far as i go. we need to be given back some kind of a life... we're overworked far beyond anything acceptable (the safety aspect of that is another debate), the succession of night turn arounds on the airbus fleet (those i know best) is no less than a killer (a metaphorical one for now)...minimum days off don't clear the fatigue backlog, vacation days turn more than often into legal days off, any social life has become impossible.
how many of us drag themselves from duty to duty?

how money is going to make anyone happier around here i really don't understand

Fellowship of the drink
3rd May 2010, 19:14
Maimax you are spot on.

EK needs to understand that it's pilots are DEAD tired.

jet576
4th May 2010, 04:50
if the rumour is true about 16 more 777's coming. don't think we'll get our lives back anytime soon.:bored:

Wizofoz
4th May 2010, 05:09
jet,

No, it's not true.

It's only 15 new 777s....

GOD knows how we are going to recruit and train for those, but attracting and retaining good drivers will suddenly become a major priority again.

TooLow
4th May 2010, 08:32
A380,

You might be on to something. After max profits, annouce IPO...and watch as Abu Dhabi secure a majority controlling stake. Then eventually a merger with Etihad to create a monstrous money-making machine.

But will things improve for the employees.....not bloody likely!

Payscale
4th May 2010, 12:39
I guess they have bought BA.... top that!
Why else would they wait until after the election hype?

pool
4th May 2010, 14:26
Yeah, maybe we might be pleasantly surprised!
Since one month I get regularly called by shoddy investment or insurance companies who want to "invest" my money .... 'what money', I then ask, 'do you guys know more about a profit share than we do?' An embarrassing 'he, he' is barely audible before I hang up on these vampires. But ... ! How did they get my number in the first place? I inquired with EPC and they strongly deny selling our coordinates, which leaves ... EK. Maybe they know that we'll soon be in posession of a huge profit share?
This would go well with the fact that they allow an ex-EK-Ali-Binpaininthea$$, or something like that, to hijack my company inbox with his offering of a huge array of villas...

Will the money really tumble in such dimensions that the greedy locals try to lure it back to their pockets as fast as possible, before it might get transferred to civilised grounds?

(I presonally don't think so)

ManaAdaSystem
4th May 2010, 18:41
If you get a bonus, will you then complain about it since it's not written in your contract?
It would be a breach of contract, no?

Or is that just applicable when they take something away?

Kennytheking
4th May 2010, 19:45
If you get a bonus, will you then complain about it since it's not written in your contract?
It would be a breach of contract, no?

Or is that just applicable when they take something away?

ManaAdaSystem,

Actually, provision is made for it in our contract.......Doos.

PorkKnuckle
4th May 2010, 19:51
Yeah MAS, a "bonus" is NOT in our contract, I believe.

Profit share is, though, and that's what they give us - sometimes. Management like you and other bootlickers also get a "bonus", even when the rest get no profit share, like last year.

TCAS and TCED, for example, got healthy bonuses last year. This is where they get their supreme motivation for screwing the staff.

As for your question, I suppose you don't complain when they tighten your belt. You must be here for love.

fatbus
5th May 2010, 01:39
The normal working guy never gets a bonus , only a profit share as spelled out in the handbook.

dustyprops
5th May 2010, 04:57
MAS,

You're obviously not on the shop floor with the rest of us if you come out with comments like that. When I was being interviewed such statements as "the profit share forms part of the salary package (assuming targets met)" and "the productivity pay can make a big difference to your monthly renumeration"

What they didn't tell me is that I would need to invest in a big f'ing tub of vaseline to deal with the back end treatment we've all been receiving for the last 2.5 years.

All lies MAS, that's what p1$$e$ people off. Lies and more lies....the contract is worth nothing.

lowstandard
5th May 2010, 05:57
Mana or is it Sir Kneelsalot?

Get off the computer! The 9th floor is calling for their pi&&boy!

Maybe when you get your own office mailcart you will understand responsibility, until then keep your 3 week Airline/Hotel Management Community College wisdoms to yourself.

And a mop up is required in the last stall.....

pool
5th May 2010, 06:47
Hau dherr you speek to a DCP dsath way?

Check 'Six'
5th May 2010, 08:54
Mana, actually for your information.

The management of this airline have systematically reduced and taken away as you would say over the last number of years a huge amount of our earnings.

It started with Chris Knowles when he decided that we were getting paid far too much money in the old sysytem, which was being paid per duty for the company. That method of payment was placed under the famous "REVIEW"

Chris Knowles was later removed from office.

Along comes Alan and Ed. In Alan's office he told me that this previous method of payment would be placed under "REVIEW"and if the pilot's income was less over this period they would look at re introducing this method back. That never happened! For obvious reasons, because when I look at the bottom left hand corner of my roster it still reads about 120 hrs duty per month. Now as Ed would say mathematics 101 is quite simple. 120 hours duty for the company equates to a lot of money in my pocket. And by the way? That is why I am here!

So we now rapidly move ahead to where we stand today? The productivity now gets a huge knock on the head, from 75 odd to 92 something. Absolutely ridiculous! Why? Because most of us are clocking 95 odd hours a month and there is no way that they wish to pay these rates. Because our former illustrious leader Ed, suggested on many occasions that the ULR operation was not that challenging or hard on our bodies? Really Ed? That must obviously come from his former extensive experience as a long haul pilot????
And furthermore, he could prove that this was not a pay cut. Wow!!! I am not only impressed with his experience as pilot, manager etc.... But mathematically he is an absolute genius!!!!

So there you have it!! And please do me a favour. Do not refer to contracts at all! I have been here long enough to observe all the negative changes in my contract that have cost me a significant loss of income over the years.

Check Six

essess
6th May 2010, 16:15
the meeting is on 12-May...so wait and watch...

ManaAdaSystem
6th May 2010, 22:31
Mana

Thanks to Idiots like you the airline business was brought down to what it is nowadays.
Just piss off here and go on licking a...s
I really pray you are not a pilot, otherwise I am scared to travel anywhere as a passenger.

I think you've got sand in your eyes, Mr. Sandhound. I'm not a EK wannabe captain bent over while I'm holding on to a seat that is giving less money for more work.

You are.

Check 'Six'
7th May 2010, 13:13
Mana the last part of your sentence is actually very true.

"Holding on to a seat that pays less money for more work" On That I absolutely agree.

As far as the bonus is concerned?? I dont expect more than 3 - 4 weeks?? Judging by the so called pay rise.

I hope I am wrong.

Check Six

LongExcursion
8th May 2010, 01:51
It's harder putting on the smiley face when my eyes are beginning to look p.ss-holes in the snow. Just returned from a NZ leg and I had to physically shake my F/O awake on approach, AGAIN. Raised this for the 3rd time upon return and got stonewalled. Shouldn't be posting before I've had time to sleep on it, but sometimes I'm tempted to release some of this quietly to overseas media.

Fart Master
8th May 2010, 11:48
Dude, GO SICK, you're not doing the company or yourself any favours.