PDA

View Full Version : Can Lasik be detected?

mktong
1st Aug 2001, 12:18
straight to the point,
im suffering from the dioptres limit set by the CAA, with +0.25 on my left but -4.5 on my right(HELL),i cant go through the initial class 1. i knew that i can get 1 if im over 25 but i believe that the airlines wont touch me with this poor prescription.
In order to settle down this BORN TO BE problem,i m looking for a LASIk surgery. but it needs another 12 months after the surgery to get a class 1!!!! obviously,this is not funny at all to wait for another long 365 days.
if i done lasik to my right eye,but i will keep quiet during the initial class 1 :D....can the AME find out that i have done a surgery to my eye....and ask me to come back after 365 days? :mad: :mad:
is LASIK a good alternative?
Please advise,and good luck to this forum!

Heading270
2nd Aug 2001, 16:41
hello mk

I had PRK 3 yrs ago and I went to the AME 2 month after the operation and he didnīt ralised. But this oculist was about 82 yrs old and his equipment was poor so I had no problem. It is easier to detect Lasik then PRK, but with a topographical scan it is easy to detect. Not every AME uses this scan technology and I hope for me they will never find out. Maybe you should ast your AME but he will ground you for 1 year. Look at the topic "laser treatment and medical class I"

H270

Blindside
2nd Aug 2001, 18:53
If the optometrist/ophthalmologist uses a corneal topographer, then it will be completely obvious.

It should be spotted on the slitlamp quite easily also.

Sorry.

regards

mktong
3rd Aug 2001, 01:18
Thank you Mates~!
is it true that Lasik is easier to be detected than PRK??
PS. is eyes surgery allowed by the Malaysian DCA?
Cheers ;)

eject
19th Aug 2001, 03:52
Corneal topography tends not to be used here though the yanks use it in military eye exams to screen for lasik etc. Not necessarily detectable using slit lamp. Eye shape however does tend to be a give away. Short sighted eyes tend to be longer than normal.