View Full Version : english test for european license

mer1972
14th Apr 2010, 15:31
Hello!!
First of all I want to apologize because I don´t know speak french.
In Spain we have to make an english test to proof that we know English, we just got our new law and it is crazy, so I would like to ask you if you can explain how this works in France.
If anybody can send me a link so I can see your law I´ll be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Mercedes

Blohm
15th Apr 2010, 04:46
a shining example on how that works in france....

australiancalou
15th Apr 2010, 06:25
Mercedes despite the answer of Benz just above the French DGAC jumped on the new ICAO english test as a new mean to make money.
Even if you were a very experienced pilot on International network you have to pay a 100 E fee to get a level 4 at least to continue to work on the same routes.
As far as I know Spanish DGCA gave a level 6 to their pilots as a grand father
law.
France is the kingdom of paperscratchers and hidded corruption.
Nobody has the same right downhere and better being F:.M:. or friend with a chief of something....
Hope this answer to your question.

DDay Gal

NB: I hate these f......... Administration !!!!!!!!

australiancalou
15th Apr 2010, 06:35
I just realized you maybe weren't talking of the ICAO english test.
If that is the case please do not give bad ideas to these guys :-)
Air France is asking for a TOEIC level on recruitment tests (don't remember of the required level) but otherwise I do not have heard of a general English proficiency test to start working.
Maybe the Brits are trying to buy Spain as a landscape to survive after the sea level has rise to over their Island :-))
See IBERBA (or Ciber BA)

DDAY Honey

Blohm
15th Apr 2010, 06:52
mission accomplished, carry on

LH2
17th Apr 2010, 03:55
In Spain we have to make an english test to proof that we know English

Negative. You have to be assessed in order to "demonstrate the ability to speak and understand language used for radiotelephony communications". That's not quite the same as "knowing English" (or whichever language is being assessed), not by a long stretch.

we just got our new law and it is crazy

There is nothing new or crazy about it. Amendment 164 of Annex I of the Chicago Convention 1944 was adopted by the ICAO Council back in 2003-ish and was supposed to come in force by 2008.

Bidalot
23rd Apr 2010, 17:56
And meanwhile AF still speaks french at CDG....chapeau bas !
Time to wake up.

kijangnim
23rd Apr 2010, 18:07
Greetings, they speak French in CDG :} to get in front of non French spearker traffic :ouch:

mer1972
23rd Apr 2010, 18:18
Thank you for your information!!
Gracias.

Bidalot
24th Apr 2010, 04:42
or into the traffic.....
At Paris Charles de Gaulle airport on 25 May 2000 the co-pilot of a Streamline Aviation
Shorts 330freighter was killed when the wingtip of an Air Libert‚ Boeing MD-83that had been cleared for its take-off cut into the cockpit as the 330 was entering the active runway.The MD-83 pilot abandoned take-off. The controller thought the 330 was following the MD-83 to the same holding point, but the Shorts was preparing to start its take-off on the same runway from a taxiway intersection 1,000m (3,280ft) along it. Visibility was poor, but to exacerbate the situation, the controller was talking to Air Libert‚ in French and to Streamline in English. The Streamline pilots did not understand French.
UNQUOTE