PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Med soon?

Rob 747
1st Jun 2001, 03:02
Hi all.
I have already got a class 2 medical, but i am now looking to update it to a class 1. The problem is, i had a lot of trouble getting my class 2.

1.I have had a pneumothorax 3 years ago. This wont affect my application for Class 1 because i had it over 12 months ago (I have this in writing from CAA). The problem is , i got caught up with the medical branch trying to sort this out. Eventually i got it in writing that it wont affect me for Class 1 or 2 ( Took CAA about 12 wks to do this- One f**king letter).

2.I go for my Medical and have to have an ECG. 19 yr old lad for f**ks sake get real.

Oh dear!!! "Sorry Sir we have an abnormal reading for your ECG. It would appear you have got LVH (Left Ventricular Hypertrophy). I cannot issue your medical , you will have to goto Gatwick".

3.I speak to Gatwick." aslong as you dont show the symptoms for LVH you should be fine"

4. Back to Medical examiner " not good enough i want it in writing from the CAA"

5.CAA wont do this for me!! (im f**ked no medical)

6.Daddy pays for private Cardiologist consultation.Daddy pays for Echo Scan.

Cardiologist says " this is ridiculous. You are 19 year old. Tall and thin. Fit and healthy. Something like this with people telling you, you have something you dont, will only make you ill. You are a normal variant as far as ECG's go. But the Scan proves it even further.

7.Eventually i got my medical and now need a Class 1. What i want to know is, AM I GOING TO HAVE THE SAME RUN AROUND AGAIN?

I AM SURE YOU CAN AGREE THAT THE COST OF MY cLASS 2 HAS COST ME NEARLY DOUBLE THAT OF A CLASS 1 DUE TO THE PRIVATE CONSULTANTS FEES, NOT TO MENTION THE HEARTACHE.
IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THIS AME (DOCTOR) IN QUESTION WAS A BIT OF A JOKE!!!
as you can tell Medical Dept at CAA are not my favourite cup of tea, but any info would be much appriciated.