PDA

View Full Version : Medical Question Advice Please!

VORDME
14th Sep 2001, 13:24
Hi there,

Have made the final stages of BA CEP. Have been down for Both Medicals and should pass them. Only problem was BP was High!

Believe morning value was 135/70 afternoon value however was 175/85. Every other test in class 1 was ok and tests at BA in the morning were ok.

CAA Doc. said that he would pass me as everything else was ok, but should get it check by my own g.p.

Did this morning and it was 175/64! previous readings from him have been 146/64!.

Can anyone tell me if I can continue to fly on medication for BP if it is not too severe. And if you have any other advice.

As I say Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
VORDME :( :confused:

tech
14th Sep 2001, 20:00
VORDME: It sounds like you may have "White Coat Syndrom" when ever you're near a Doctor your pressure goes up. My Doctor has to take my pressure a couple of times to get a normal reading.

Your Aviation Medical Examiner could probably counsel you on a list of drugs which are approved for flight crews should you need them.

May be try running a couple of miles a couple of hours before your medical to help get the endorphins going which should have a relaxing effect.

P.S. I'm not a medical expert just a fellow pilot who HATES medicals.

Best of Luck.