PDA

View Full Version : Non resident taxation

Islay malt
9th Apr 2010, 06:55
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread, I am sure someone will direct it to the right one if not!
Is there any more news about the taxation situation for crew living in mainland Europe as UK non residents but working in the UK?
I have been hearing for so long that we will be accountable for tax in our country of residence but have not heard anything recently.
Any news would be appreciated, thanks.

wiggy
9th Apr 2010, 15:15
OK, massive disclaimer, I'm not an accountant, tax professional, objects in your rear view mirror.. etc, hope you get my drift, this is how I understand it:

I see you give your Location as SW France. If so the bad news is w.e.f. 1st Jan this year you became liable to French Income Tax on your UK earnings. Given the French system works one year in arrears there's no change to the Tax return you'll do this Spring thats the same as previous years, but next year you'll have to divvy up all the numbers and be prepared for a bigger Tax Bill. You should consult a professional before next Spring, in the meantime keep all your work related receipts :)