PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Army’s Mushshak Trainer Crashes, Pilot Embraces Shahadat

FlyingWay
9th Apr 2010, 00:40
Thu Apr 08, 2010

PESHAWAR: An army training aircraft crashed on the outskirts of Peshawar, killing the pilot on Thursday.
According to the police, Pakistan Army's Mushaq aircraft was on a routine training mission when it crashed in Nelavi area in the open field.The wreckage of the aircraft has been found and the body of pilot has been shifted to Combined Military Hospital Peshawar.
Police said the aircraft may have crashed because of technical fault, however, the ISP is still investigating the reason of the crash.

http://www.air.flyingway.com/up/feb/b3e8972890.jpg

davejb
9th Apr 2010, 18:31
Why the 'Shahadat' bit in the title?

BEagle
9th Apr 2010, 19:11
Why the 'Shahadat' bit in the title?

It would seem to be an Islamic term, meaning that the pilot 'embraced martyrdom' - considered to be an honourable way to go and which should not be considered to be some political statement.

I doubt whether our Western black humour of such terms as 'slipped the surly bonds' or 'bought the farm' are directly equivalent, but the pain of the relatives will surely be similar.

Re. Pakistani pilots, does anyone know the present whereabouts of once-Flt Cdt Lutfur Rehman, 99 Entry 'B' Squadron RAFC? Nice chap and a good mate back in 1968-9.

davejb
10th Apr 2010, 18:46
Yes Beags,
I'm aware of the meaning - which prompted my question, as (generally) we're quite respectful on here when somebody 'buys the farm, augurs in, goes for a burton <insert chosen term here> ' ... whereas the thread title looked a bit like a funny comment...which would be out of character for Pprune...