PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR ME training : hours density (air+ground) ?

peplum
8th Apr 2010, 07:58
Good morning,

I've heard that a such training can spend beetween 6 and 12 month of time.

Each school show the flying hours but nothing about the ground instruction time ?

Does it mean the students spend half of the daytime at home studying books ?

To finance my training, I need to find a school that presents at least an official training including at least 30 hours/week of course (whatever it's air or ground course). This is a requirement of my organization to accept this "vocational retraining".

I've written to some school to know if this they can send me the schedule.

Can somes of you who have already attended to this type of training the real rythm of work and time effectively spent official ground course ?

Does a 6-9 month training make you a full time student at school. During the training, is it normal to have some/lot of time free because of the flight waiting time ?

Regards.

Pep

welliewanger
9th Apr 2010, 03:54
If you go to one of the larger modular schools they'll be able to give you an idea. Somewhere like Cabair or Multiflight. The CPL requires a number of theory exams to be completed, how you study for them depends on the training provider. Some have scheduled classroom time, others leave you to self study with "crammer" sessions before the exam.

Have you researched the differences between the CPL exams and the forzen ATPL requirements?