PDA

View Full Version : Nimrod MR2 Out of Service Magazine - Available for Charitable Donation

kb661
7th Apr 2010, 18:18
Ladies & Gents

I have started a new thread off to reflect the fact the magazine has been printed and dished out around Kinloss. It is now available to 'old boys', veterans and aircraft enthusiasts for a small charitable donation. The money will be used to cover postage and any surplus money will be split between a local charity (at least 50%) and the Kinloss Gate Guardian Project (only if we raise a significant sum for the first charity).

The magazine itself is a 72 page A4 colour magazine. It covers (a brief) history of the Nimrod MR1 & MR2 from 1969 to March 2010. I am not allowed to display an electronic copy of it due to strict copyright issues with the designers. Sorry.

If anyone would like a copy please send a cheque for £8 (UK), £10 (Europe) or £12 (RoW) (made payable to Service Funds RAF Kinloss) to the following address:

Nimrod MR2 OSD Magazine
Flt Lt Keith Bissett
RAF Kinloss
Forres
Morayshire
IV36 3UH

Please do not forget to include your name, postal address and contact phone number.

I have about 450 (updated 7/4/10) spare copies so there should be more than enough. I will try and update as necessary. If you would like to check my stocks please email text [email address] ([email protected])

I am taking a wee bit of leave so they should reach you by 20th April.

Thanks
Keith

kb661
7th Apr 2010, 18:22
As I cannot post a copy of the magazine here I thought I would lift a couple of comments from the previous thread. Thank you for the kind comments.

zedder
Just read the Mag cover-to-cover. Top job Keith.

Critical_Al
I was fortunate enough to pick up a copy of the magazine last week and can assure those pondering whether to pay for a copy that it is well worth obtaining. Either as a nostalgic who's who of the maritime world, or just a well written, professionally produced tribute to the Mighty Hunter it nicely showcases 41 years of service and is written in a very personal style by all those who contributed.
Well done and thanks to the guys involved in producing such a nice piece of work at such short notice.

Not Long Here
8th Apr 2010, 01:53
Received my copy in the post today here in Godzone - a splendid effort and well done to the team who produced it.

Cheers

Stu W

kb661
9th Apr 2010, 10:18
Ladies & Gents,
If you would like a magazine please get in touch by Wed 21 April. I am detached shortly after that and I would like to wrap this project up before then.

The first batch of 50 magazines should be in the post on Monday afternoon.

Thanks again for all of the donations & comments about the magazines.

Keith

kb661
12th Apr 2010, 17:25
First batch of 55 magazines in the post today. Thanks to the postie & a very patient queue!

I have about 300 copies left. If you would like copy please get in touch. If you already have a copy your recommendation would be helpful as I cannot post photos of the mag.

Thanks
Keith

davejb
12th Apr 2010, 21:26
Certainly -
A really well put together mag, with lots of interesting bits in it - rather than dry official history stuff... even Jim Mailer's bit, which appears to have been typed on a portable typewriter circa 1915 :} Lot's of reminders of what was happening in each decade, unless you are blessed with 100% retention there are bound to be a couple of stories that jar the odd memory loose from the dusty corners of your brain.

Lots of human interest, any ex kipper fleet type will recognise many of the names if not starring personally - it's well worth reading if only to learn about Bill Speight's early career as a wall of death rider.

As an added bonus, unlike many another magazine, this one's accurate!

neilmac
14th Apr 2010, 13:57
Received my copy, a great read many thanks to all involved in producing such a good magazine.

30mRad
15th Apr 2010, 11:09
KB

What an excellent job. A quality produce to keep for posterity.

Cheers

30 mRad

kb661
16th Apr 2010, 17:26
Another 15 books posted today. Should be with you by Tuesday.

If you would like a copy please drop a line to the above address.

Thanks Keith

kb661
20th Apr 2010, 15:06
Batch 3 posted today. Another 10 copies which should be with you by Friday.

We have raised around £500 for Dr Gray's childrens ward in Elgin.

Thanks to all who have donated. :ok:

Kb661

November4
21st Apr 2010, 08:53
Just seen this - as per #4 is it too late to order a copy?

Thanks

kb661
21st Apr 2010, 14:43
It is still possible to order a copy. I am detached from Kinloss for a few months but I will be able to do batch postings every two weeks or so. Please allow a couple of weeks for postage.

Stock check is in the order of 200 (as of 21/4/10) or so (people keep 'borrowing' copies for Stn visitors, etc).

KB

PS to make the process a bit smoother I would appreciate it if you could put your cheque guarantee code & exp date on the back of any cheques.

November4
21st Apr 2010, 14:47
Thanks cheque etc will be in the post tonight - Father's Day present sorted!

Old man worked on the jets as an ACF 73-75. Deployed with the winning Fincastle team and painted a John Bull standing on a kangaroo and holding a kiwi by the neck on the tail of the aircraft.

Yeller_Gait
21st Apr 2010, 14:47
Cheers Keith,

My father got his mag a few days ago, and as a non-aviator, said it was great. Still looking forward to reading my copy, but well done on producing a great magazine.

Y_G

kb661
23rd Apr 2010, 17:49
Batch 4 posted today. Another 16 went including Canada & Wash DC.

Thanks
Keith

grandfer
25th Apr 2010, 16:19
Mag arrived totally undamaged - Good old PO.
Brilliant work , great read . Good luck ! Thanks Keith .

Cheers , Graham J "Grandfer". :ok::ok:

J.A.F.O.
25th Apr 2010, 16:30
Brilliant work, Keith. Thank you very much.