PDA

View Full Version : NG Fokker 70 and 100

james solomon
7th Apr 2010, 14:17
Any ideas or speculations on any potential customers or orders for the newer aircraft. Have they had any orders to actually set up a production line. Do you think the ng fokkers will replace older fokkers or do you think its worth the money or is it a waste of time

panda-k-bear
8th Apr 2010, 11:50
I'm extremely sceptical. The biggest of the Fokker fleets (see AF/KLM) are already being replaced by Embraer products (170s, 190s etc.) so a 2015 restart of production is about a decade too late and given the structural weight of the F70 and F100 I'd be gunning for a total redesign. Next gen engines alone won't cut it - all imho, of course.

james solomon
11th Apr 2010, 13:37
Seems there abit late for the new fokkers but you never know someone might decide to replace their old fokkers with newer ones

Avman
11th Apr 2010, 19:52
Seems there abit late for the new fokkers but you never know someone might decide to replace their old fokkers with newer ones

Why? Why spend lots of money on "new" aircraft with "old" technology. Might as well keep the old ones, they're good for another 20 years. The only option would be an almost totally updated variant. But with stiff competition from the now well established and sucessful Bombardier and Embraer manufacturers, I don't think that market demand would be sufficient to justify the costs of restatring a Fokker production.

It would be nice, but I just don't see it happening.

james solomon
14th Apr 2010, 12:03
Yeah I guess so but if they offered what md did with there md-10 upgrade but add the newer stuff to the older fokkers and you might have a good business there or it could totally fail