View Full Version : Aerodromes Down South (LT & HB)

Jabawocky
7th Apr 2010, 11:57
Just thought it was fair to give the hard working folk at the regional ports a fair plug. The service for visitors in these days of way over the top security, refuelling, ATC services.............I could go on for a bit, and might later when not so tired but its been an absolute pleasure and the folk deserve a pat on the back! :ok:

If you read this and work there, tell your mates.....:D

I reckon others know of what i speak of! needs to be more of it!

J:ok:

PLovett
7th Apr 2010, 13:23
Aww Jaba, nice of you to say so.:O

Woz that you in either a Mooney or a Saratoga a week or so back? :confused: Parked at Cambridge for coupla' days and departed for Strahan? If so, sorry to have missed you as the aircraft were just about to depart.:sad:

The Chaser
7th Apr 2010, 13:37
PLovett

If you happen across the nicest 4 seat Rocketship V :D with blue wingtips, have a gander. If you are around YMHB on Friday, you might just meet one of the gentlemen who built it!

Dam'd decent of you Jabawocky, you are most welcome :ok:

PLovett
7th Apr 2010, 13:45
I shall attempt to have a look. Do have to earn a shekel or two on the day but will be time in the afternoon, hopefully.

The Chaser
7th Apr 2010, 13:49
They might be blasting off in the morning Friday, see how ya go.

I am sure they would not mind you having a peek around it tommorrow if you get a spare minute. :ok:

I should also add. It is very much a two way street. It is a delight to work with competent, friendly and easy going pilots. :ok:

PLovett
7th Apr 2010, 13:54
Certainly be able to do that and early Friday morning. Not required in the sim until late morning so I will see how it goes. Thanks for the heads up on that Chaser. :ok:

The Chaser
7th Apr 2010, 13:58
No worries cobba! :)

ForkTailedDrKiller
8th Apr 2010, 01:03
It is a delight to work with competent, friendly and easy going pilots. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

?? Jaba ?? :E

Dr :8

Wally Mk2
8th Apr 2010, 03:37
Gee 'jaba' you lost?:) Yr GPS would be struggling with such high Lat No's:-)
Surely yr not bin flying across da pond in a Single? God yr brave, yr my Hero:ok:

Wmk2, 2 is better than 1..............in EVERYTHING in life!:E

Stationair8
8th Apr 2010, 04:30
What is the sim in Hobart PLovett?

UnderneathTheRadar
8th Apr 2010, 05:42
Just thought it was fair to give the hard working folk at the regional ports a fair plug. The service for visitors in these days of way over the top security, refuelling, ATC services.............I could go on for a bit, and might later when not so tired but its been an absolute pleasure and the folk deserve a pat on the back!

Quality - not speed - I opened the mail last night to get an invoice from Hobart airport for landing fees. Date of service? 9th April 2009!

UTR

VH-XXX
8th Apr 2010, 05:56
I could go on for a bit, and might later when not so tired but its been an absolute pleasure and the folk deserve a pat on the back! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

One could almost be mistaken for thinking Jaba that you were really struggling to navigate the great southern-most state and that ATC had to pay particular attention to you as they probably followed your IFR plan from Brisbane to Melbourne and down from there. Did you hear anything from them like "Jaba - keep watching your artificial horizon," "Jaba, keep your wings level," "Jaba, are you in cloud at the moment or are you visual?"

As one of my workmates frequently says, "only the guilty justify."

The Chaser
8th Apr 2010, 07:56
XXX :rolleyes:
you were really struggling to navigate the great southern-most state
Nope
ATC had to pay particular attention to you
Nope
Did you hear anything from them like "Jaba - keep watching your artificial horizon," "Jaba, keep your wings level," "Jaba, are you in cloud at the moment or are you visual?"
Nope, Nope, aaaaaaand Nope!
"only the guilty justify."
Oh pllulease :hmm:

More appropriately:-

"only pullers of pink wallies could misunderstand camaraderie for guilt" :=

Unless of course :E you are taking the mickey .... in which case:-

You'll keep :}

VH-XXX
8th Apr 2010, 09:00
Yep, just pulling on ol-mate Jaba's chain.

Good on him for getting in some real IFR on his new bang bus.

PLovett
8th Apr 2010, 09:48
S8, check your PMs'.

Hope to get out tomorrow morning to have a look. What time are you intending to depart?

Jabawocky
8th Apr 2010, 10:54
Gee 'jaba' you lost?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif Yr GPS would be struggling with such high Lat No's:-)
Surely yr not bin flying across da pond in a Single? God yr brave, yr my Hero:ok:Hey Wally........it was not a problem at all.....on top of 8/8ths of solid cloud from YMAV to YMLT :ok:. OAT was interesting in the tops of some bits at 9000' :uhoh:. Thats the problem with those high LAT numbers, Low OAT numbers!

Been having a ball, pitty the cloud cover has been so heavy, but tomorrow looks great for a low level blast up the coast before a A100 crossing back. Going to YWGT tomorrow night and Temora for Saturday, so hoping for a good weekend!

PLovett..........check PM's

The Chaser
8th Apr 2010, 11:23
XXX :ok:

He did get a little bit of local area VFR flyin' last Saturday arvo :} Not sure who might have highjacked him and the Rocketship V though :E

What a delight to fly :ok:

ForkTailedDrKiller
8th Apr 2010, 11:44
What a delight to fly http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

You mean he actually got it started ?

Dr :8

The Chaser
8th Apr 2010, 11:49
:E ... it was a hot start :}

Chimbu chuckles
8th Apr 2010, 12:03
Yes yes yes - its a delight to fly:rolleyes: Yes it goes good.:hmm: Yes he and Chris did a great job building it:p

But its STILL a Retard Vehicle:ok:

Rocketship V? There will be no living with him after this trip :ugh::=

:E:}

The Chaser
8th Apr 2010, 12:43
pfffffff :}

You can get me back when I come up to visit :ok:

Jabawocky
9th Apr 2010, 08:42
Hey Wally.....

Made it back without getting the floaties wet mate! :ok:

How was the icing today above FL110 :}, I heard a Med One today and thought of you blasting through all that severe icing:uhoh:.

And what about the poor blokes and girls on MEL CEN today? One bloke sounded like he was running the whole joint single handed. Made me feel guilty for taking up space.....well almost!

J

PS Hobart folks thanks again for the security, cars etc and the scenic clearance tips too:ok:

PLovett
9th Apr 2010, 12:03
Hey Jaba, sorry to have missed you this morning but the timing just didn't work out. By the time I got to the airport I think you had departed.

Glad you had a good time and hope to catch up some time.

Jabawocky
10th Apr 2010, 11:39
Bit of a pity....but can't be helped.

Back in QLD, had a great night in Wangaratta and Temora today. They do put on a first class day out. Will post some pics tomorrow night when I get home from the farm!

Wally Mk2
11th Apr 2010, 10:23
Well Jaba now ya flown below the 36th parallel & over the 'pond' in a SE yr my newest hero:ok:
Tassie folks are great simple people:ok:
I haven't been behind the pole for a few days so not know what the icing was/is like but it ain't fun anyway especially in a Single!:}
Shame I didn't know you where about down here 'till a bit late would have invited you to the retirement village (Air Ambo complex) for a cuppa & some stories:-)
Shown you a REAL aero-plane:)
ATC do a great job in & around ML, they have it pretty easy down Sth here:ok:.

Looking fwd to the pix. Mrs Jaba in there as well? :E

Wmk2:-)

Jabawocky
11th Apr 2010, 10:46
Hey there...........only found a teeeeny weeeny bit of ice going to Strahan, almost enough to make me think about a level change, but only coz I am a chicken.....but there were not many available above the LSALT....:eek: Fortunately the tops that were cold enough I was only in and out of , and I was almost TOD, otherwise some level changes would have been in order. Thats as close as I am prepared to get.

Here is a lovely pic of Bass Straight. Its not that scary like this.:ok:

http://file052b.bebo.com/5/original/2010/04/11/09/4525920200a12417440011o.jpg

Jabawocky
12th Apr 2010, 00:41
At last some nice flying weather......well for a short while anyway!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQlFeNLPvKI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQlFeNLPvKI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>