PDA

View Full Version : license question..

Mr KroOoB
7th Apr 2010, 02:25
Can anybody tell me, if you completed your modules of B1 license in three years and during that you were doing your practical experience. and according to the ELGD you need to complete 5 years of practical experience to be eligible to get your license.
Now, if i applied before completing those 5 years with a pretty good logbook which covers most of the ATA chapters is there's a chance to get my B1 license before the 5 years time plan..?

Tranwell
8th Apr 2010, 18:20
Phone the surveyor and ask. Each case is individual. I've known guys who have the licence before the required time, but in most cases they have years of prior experience on top of the part 147/145 stuff

purgatore75
11th Apr 2010, 14:58
Sorry man, no way to get the licence before you have at least 5 years of experience.....remember that you also have to be a qualified mechanic, that means your Quality Assurance Dept. shall authorise you to operate on the a/c doing all ATA chapters under the supervision of a B1 certifying staff. The total amount of 5 years starts upon you get that authorisation.....
Also think a little bit about what a B1 technician can be asked to do: you will be able to change an engine for esample; go to the AMM and see what the manual is requiring during the adjustment test after installation......then if is an ETOPS engine you will be on whatch under the authority for at least 1 month.......
Don't think too further....start learning day by day and follows the EASA directives (that are the minimum legal time necessary to obtain certifications in maintenance)....
Good luck man....and don't be afreid about it.