PDA

View Full Version : Does Glasses mean trouble with sponsorships?

Turbsy
24th May 2001, 20:56
Hi all,

Turned short sighted a few years ago and Iam currently under the limits of -3d. Id pass a class 1 visual requirments at the moment but my question concerns those Airline sponsorships like BA and Aer Lingus.

Im out as far as Aer Lingus is concerned because I can't pass 6/24 with my right eye. However I think Iam okay with BA though, have to get further info from them soon, as far as eyesight is concerned. Back to the point, if I wear glasses at an interview and they see that Iam short sighted, does that mean then Im not going to have as good a chance at getting through as I would if I had perfect eyesight?

Thanks,
All the best,

Turbsy

DeltaT
25th May 2001, 18:07
as long as you've got that class 1 medical, its all they are going to be worried about

Turbsy
25th May 2001, 22:00
Thanks for that, sounds good.

All the best,
Turbsy

Speedbird 2946
26th May 2001, 14:04
E-mail me!

splonguk
26th May 2001, 15:12
having applied to BA recently, and I have a contact lense prescription, I got my optician to check I met all requirements before sending the form - no point in wasting mine and BAs time.

BAs eye requirements are the same as Aer Lingus. 6/24 in each eye unaided!

(This info. came with the application form)

Barney
26th May 2001, 21:03
....oh no there not!

BA have now adopted the JAA reqs. I had my FB recently, having being cleared with -3.75D in each eye. My uncorrected is 6/60 each eye, and 6/48 unaided. I already had a Class 1...maybe that helped.

Barney

BigTimeWannabe
26th May 2001, 23:06
How did you guys find out about BA's relaxation on eyesight, cos I got the 6/24 writen on my medical checklist for BA!!!

BTW

g10
27th May 2001, 03:30
So if i get my class 1 by myself, then the BA 6/24 requirements don't count and they go for JAA vision requirements ????

Cheers

g10