PDA

View Full Version : Scanpst (cannot access Outlook) and locked files

Bus429
5th Apr 2010, 11:39
Me laptop's driving me mad:
Running Windows 7 and Office 2007. Cannot open Outlook and am prompted to "Scanpst" which I can locate in "Office12". However, I've absolutely no idea which files to browse. Also, there are a number of user files to which access is denied but I am the only user and, I assume, administrator. How can I access these? (some of the pst or ost files could be in there).
I've done a Google and frankly, the Microsoft site is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. Other Google searches are of little help. I've searched PPRuNe and found some Scanpst stuff but none relates to my problem.
Anyone able to assist?

green granite
5th Apr 2010, 12:58
Also, there are a number of user files to which access is denied but I am the only user and, I assume, administrator.

Errrrrr no, the UAC will assume, unless you've told it differently, you are not the administrator,

To run windows explorer as administrator right click on the task bar icon then right click on 'windows explorer' and left click on 'run as administrator'

You may also need to open 'folder options>view (in the control panel) and tick the 'show hidden files and folders option.

Bus429
5th Apr 2010, 13:51
Thanks, GG; all sorted now.