PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Magoo

flybig99
19th May 2001, 03:44
Mr. Magoo,

How did you get around showing stability in-order to get the class one? I'm thinking If Orthok-K is used to bring vision into refractive error limits of –5.0 could the CAA/JAA disapprove the medical application?

g10
19th May 2001, 13:08
Mr Magoo

just wondering what eye exercises you found were the most beneficial? Palming, sunning(although difficult in UK!!)?, swaying?

Any help you can provide will be useful.

Cheers

Mr Magoo
19th May 2001, 23:46
Hiya,

I didn't mention stability - neither did they when I got to class 1 issued! - Both the palming and sunning helped but best for me was not wearing glasses as much as possible and - the key to it for me - was NOT STRAINING TO SEE WITHOUT GLASES ON - just accept what your eyes take in and let your brain sort the info out!

I got my class 1 at the start of May last year and I cracked through the 'ole JAR CPL/IR and passed the IR ride on 25th April so it CAN be done, (even easier now because I had to go from -5 to -3 for my initial but these days you pass an initial class 1 at -5 anyhow!)

Cheers

Magoo

(ps I'm doing the hardest bit of the whole project now - getting employed! - makes going against medical science seem a doddle compared!)

boeinglover
21st May 2001, 19:02
Mr Magoo,

Remember me, recently I replied that I have improved quite a bit after trying out palming and keeping clear of glasses unless necessary. But progress has seem to be a little slower for the past few weeks.

Did that happen to you as well initially?

How did you manage to go to work or move around the house searching for items during that time?

Wish you all the best in your career.

crazypilot
22nd May 2001, 01:09
Mr. Maggo;

Please could you send me your e-mail address if possible as I need to ask you some questions. Mine is:
[email protected]

It is regarding vision improvement (I really need to get down to -5D !!)

Cheers :) :)
CP

wardr1
23rd May 2001, 02:24
me too if you would be so kind :)!!!?

[email protected]

JDCFII
23rd May 2001, 03:57
testing

JDCFII
23rd May 2001, 04:02
Some news just in,

The Orthok-k doctor tolled me today that if the CAA do an Topography scan, as he thinks they will if they suspect cheating then they will identify “a procedure” which could be orthok-K or or Laser. This could be a problem. We must find out aif the CAA do a Topography scan or not……

JDCFII formally known as flybig….

------------------
....Wasn’t me....

ASI
23rd May 2001, 13:47
JDCFII;

After a thread of a similar nature a couple of months ago it was determined that the CAA do not currently do corneal topographical mapping during the class 1 examination. It should be noted however that if you go into the examination with what appears to be 'normal' uncorrected vision your eyes may have the characteristics of a myopic eye (elongated eyeball) and this will be picked up by the AME. Same goes for Lasik! So they may become suspect and possibly request further evaluation.

I was under the impression from your post that you do not currently have a class 1, is this correct? I noted from your profile that you have 'flight instructor' down as your occupation. If so, are you currently working as a flight instructor with a class 2 medical? I wasn't aware this could be done and would be interested to here how you may go about it and what restrictions were inforced.

ASI