PDA

View Full Version : Coventry airshow

james solomon
3rd Apr 2010, 12:16
Any ideas if this is on this year would like to see if I can go to it

surely not
3rd Apr 2010, 12:46
Isn't Coventry Airport still closed pending a sale to someone with a large fortune who wants to reduce it to a small fortune?

1 long final
3rd Apr 2010, 16:10
It is still unlicenced, there is talk of a buyer but nothing as yet has been confirmed. :(

learjet50
3rd Apr 2010, 21:45
Re Coventry

Sureley not summed it all up.

I ve being watching all the Tread s re coventry for a while now.

I am afraid to say even now and I have said this a long time ago

Coventry Airport is an ex Airport despite what people say and beleve its not been closed too long

CCC are not intrested Marshalls will provide ATC at the right price.

People have said they have heard Swiss People talking in the local Pub about how they are going to buy it Then they could not agree terms.

Then Sir Henry Talkalot (Whatwever his name) is going to buy it but cannot get ATC at the right price so we are not buying it ??

I feel so sorry for all the ex Staff who worked at EGBE but sadly we have to face re-allity IT WILL NOT RE OPEN

Atlantic pulled out dispite having been there since the Ark was Built does not that say it all.

I am sorry to put a downer on you Keep Coventry Alive brigade but you will have to conceide defeat on this one

As I said Earlier this year Air Redrow Homes with there 3 Bed roomed Detached will be the new residents

Sorry Guys but I think I am talking sence

Groundloop
4th Apr 2010, 17:06
Sorry Guys but I think I am talking sence

As "sence" isn't actually a word I don't know what it is you're talking!

JEM60
4th Apr 2010, 18:05
Cheap shot! Learjet has apologised before for his inaccurate spelling, but I have enough SENSE to understand what he was saying, even if you haven't, Groundloop. We don't all have the same skills, only the same interest. This forum is not a spelling test, is it?

Groundloop
6th Apr 2010, 09:15
It wasn't a cheap shot. It was to highlight that he doesn't know what he is talking about. He is speculating on Coventry's future like everybody else.

Navy_Adversary
7th Apr 2010, 08:14
Sorry guys, I have been out of the loop for a while with Cov, what has happened to the DC6 etc of Air Atlantic(que) also the Canberra which was based at Cov?

Classic flights used to have flying days where one could go up in a Dove etc, for about £40, are they now grounded?
TIA

Alan l
9th Apr 2010, 08:55
All the Classic Flight aircraft are still based at CVT,crew training flights are taking place ready for a very busy,pleasure flying season.
H7 wil be opening soon as the Airbase visitor centre,members of the public will be able to visit during the opening times and see the colection,including the latest acquirement,a Nimrod! Which it is hoped wil be delivered around midday on May 11th.

Public access will be available,see www.classicflight.com (http://www.classicflight.com) for more details on all of the above.

As for an airshow,I doubt there wil be one this year,but it is hoped that there will be special flying activites once a month through the year,again see thw ebsite for details.

The CVT based events are subject to the airport reopening of course,something that hopefully isn't too far away.

Edit here is a link to the press release re the Nimrod delivery.
http://www.pprune.org/aviation-history-nostalgia/411553-classic-flight-sets-its-sights-nimrod.html

Evanelpus
9th Apr 2010, 10:11
Extract from link:

Although Classic Flight does not intend to keep the aircraft flyable the team will maintain the aeroplane in fully ground running and taxi-able condition.

I'm sure I read on another thread that the one that is going to Elvington will be the only taxiable Nimrod in the world.