PDA

View Full Version : Question

andrO
2nd Apr 2010, 15:39
Hi,

I have PPL licence. And I know that is impossible to get a job with it. But I am wondering if it is possible to make some kind of arangement, for example delivering small cargo for what you ofcourse dont get paid. Your benefits are that you are building hours of flying, and benefits for those who offers you that arangement is that they dont have to pay you anything.

Halfbaked_Boy
2nd Apr 2010, 15:48
I see you're in Slovenia... I'm not sure how it works out there and whether there are any differences in this area, but in the UK this would not be possible because the PiC (if he/she holds only a PPL) must pay at least a proportion equal to the number of people on that flight, towards the cost of the flight.

i.e. a flight costing £150, four people on board, the PiC must pay at least £37.50 towards the flight.

So you'd not be benefiting at all as you'd still have to pay as you would under normal circumstances. I'm not sure on this, but I believe there's another legal issue which arises due to the fact that the 'goods carried' are presumably being sent off to make profit for somebody, but I may be wrong...

Hope this helps.

andrO
2nd Apr 2010, 16:54
Thanks for answer.

So if I understand correct, it is not against the law if I am on internet offering ponoramic fly over slovenia, ofcourse if we split expenses for renting an airplane. So in this way we all get benefits, the passangers are flying cheaper as they will if they rent an airplane with pilot, and it is ofcourse better for me because I pay for rent an airplane just a quater of price.

I thinh that are in both countries the same rules about this theme.

D.V
2nd Apr 2010, 18:07
I suggest you to speak with your CAA and ask them, so there will be no misinterpretations or misunderstandings! :ok: