PDA

View Full Version : Dislocated Knee (Aaaaaargh!)

paulo
5th Apr 2001, 01:35
One of the less fun injuries... I've now notched up Number 2, having debuted dislocation of the other patella 15 years ago.

I'm only on class 2, but has anyone any idea what the revalidation procedure is, and what criteria are applied? I would have though it would be a case of looking at the likelyhood of it recurring whilst flying (unless I'm rugby tackled in the left seat, it's not really likely in my opinion).

ravenx
5th Apr 2001, 02:35
I think you are just supposed to inform them if you are suffering from any condition that is likely to leave you incapacitated for 28 days or more. However, if you have any worries then you should get a local AME to take a look at it and then sign you fit again. There are procedures and forms for this sort of thing. Best to do this though because if you do have an accident you can guarantee the insrance company will query it.

paulo
5th Apr 2001, 03:21
21 days as I recall, but 21/28 no matter, I forgot to mention, my leg is in a splint for 6 weeks, then there's a whole load of physio to get walking again. So, yup - sounds like a trip to my AME in a few months.

Still, I guess at least I can nail a few exams in the meantime :-)